Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Julie Brown2, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Julie Brown2
    Julie Brown2 Guest

Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away.

:)

Julie Brown2, Feb 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Julie, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, if you know how to do it, make a Wi-Fi hotspot router on your phone and connect to it.

That way we can isolate the issue, by testing another internet connection, using your mobile data plan.

You can also change your connection DNS.

Please, follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Is your console enrolled in a Insider preview OS?

What type of Xbox console?

Wired or WiFi network connection? You may be getting WiFi interference or damaged wired ethernet cable.

What's new xbox one System updates has info on dates of current updates for General Availability OS.
  4. x SavingAmy x Win User

My console won't work properly

yeah, its still not working, my xbox live running, so i don't know why it wont update :S and its still really slow.
  5. APOTHIIX Win User

Xbox Using Mass Amounts of Bandwidth??

Within this Troubleshooter is approximate usage of bandwidth and there have been various updates each month
    to the Latest XBox one operating system along with X360 BC games.
    That just brings me to a page about slow bandwidth. The issue isn’t slow internet. Its the fact of its using so much bandwidth. I mean heck, since 9/2/2019, its used 130+GB! And its only 9/7/2019. An xbox should not be doing that at all.
  6. JCDogg911 Win User

Am in Alpha Skip Ahead and no new dashboard

I have two xbox one x systems and the second system in the den got the update over a month ago, but my main console hasn't as of yet. Why so long?
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? - Similar Threads - Why slow system

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?: My xbox one is so slow when I click any game or app, it just freezes on the title screen or a blank screen. Everything is giving me an error code like it took to long to load or something went...
  4. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  5. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  6. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  7. Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i: ran wifi speed tests on my phone which reached 380 mbps and on my xbox reaching 16mbps in the same location. Only started experiencing these issues for this last week [img] [img] ....
  8. My games are slow and idk why..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games are slow and idk why..: Sometimes my games are running like 5 times slower than normal but I don't know why For example I'm often playing Fortnite and the game take usually 40sec to 1 min to load to the lobby and this...
  9. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  10. Why is my xbox running so slow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my xbox running so slow?: A day after using my xbox regularly i turn it on casually like every other time but with it now being very slow and when you try to the home button or open anything it will take a min or 2 to...