Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The problems: Boot up is slower by a minute or two Home Menu will lag, freeze for a couple of minutes I have only 3 games installed and this is what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rocketedtoearth, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?

The problems:

Boot up is slower by a minute or two

Home Menu will lag, freeze for a couple of minutes

I have only 3 games installed and this is what happens with each:

Forza 7
    : Came with the Xbox, haven't played it yet:

“For some reason Forza Motorsport 7 has taken too long to start. (0x8027025a)"

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: I have played quite a bit in June. It started crashing a lot on me so a few weeks ago I deleted and reinstalled it and it worked mostly fine, crashing much less often. Now this happens:

“Getting your game ready. This might take a minute or two” followed quickly by

“Give it another try

If it still doesn't work, restart your Xbox. In some cases ,resetting your Xbox might also help. (go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console) (0x800701e7)”

Waiting a few minutes and trying again yields the same message.

WWE 2K23: A game that I've played most in the last couple of months. On 07/11/2023 the game started crashing on me when I did anything involving wrestler entrances. I thought it was a game issue and after testing that out, I deleted and redownloaded the game. It worked fine, entrances included, for about an hour and I shut off the game. Hours later I attempted to launch the game, the launch screen opens and John Cena's face appears but then after a minute the game crashes back to Home.

At this point I power cycled again, did the full wait, and Reset (keeps games and such). The same thing happens with the games above. WWE 2K23 still crashes after a minute of the Cena launch screen and now gives a message:

“Something went wrong

Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x87e5002b”

So I did, followed the troubleshooting steps and now this message appears when launching WWE 2K23:

"Something went wrong

Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xcbox.com/errorhelp and enter the folloowing code: 0x87e50007"

All games are currently updated. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps already.

To troubleshoot the issues I have:

Reset the Xbox many times but not in a row

Power cycled the Xbox a couple of times, and again as asked at the xbox.com/errorhelp page for the 0x8te5002b page

Left the Xbox unplugged from and unplugged the cord from the wall leaving the device for 30 minutes before plugging it back in

Deleted and reinstalled WWE 2K23 (the issues became worse before getting a chance to reinstall the others)

Cleared the alternate MAC address as asked for on the errorhelp page as well as reset the router when asked

Performed Reset (Keep Games & Such) twice but not in a row

Startup slower. Menu will lag a little (sometimes more). No games work. I downloaded Netflix from the Store which installed and works. Is there something else that I can do?

:)

rocketedtoearth, Jul 14, 2023
  2. X-DonkeyZ�� Win User

i’m having this exact same issue and i don’t have an external hard drive all my games are crashing and my xbox freezes on the menus and it’s the same xbox one s

i’m not sure what to do i’ve tried everything
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your console problem.

Your Xbox might already be experiencing a software or a hardware problem if this is the case.

Are you currently using an external hard drive? If so, please remove the hard drive and try playing the game that is installed on the console storage.

If not, try doing a reset and deleting everything just to refresh the console again to see if that will help fix the problem. Because if not, your console might already need a repair.
  4. rocketedtoearth Win User

Thanks for the quick reply, Ronnie.

Apologies for the wait. A full reset, removing everything, along with reinstalling one of the games mostly worked. I played WWE 2K23 intermittently over the course of a day and it worked until a crash in the evening. I launched the game right after that to see if it would and the game did launch. I haven't touched the console since as I'm worried about hard drive failure. Given the problems listed could it be a pending failure for the drive?

Edit: Further attempts at playing WWE 2K23 have indeed resulted in a crash while loading a match. No external drive, just internal.
  5. SydneySaxman Win User

Batman: Return to Arkham Arkham City game crash

It seems like it crashes on Xbox series consoles only because when I play on my one, there's no crashes or freezes once I reach the other side of the board gliding. So I think it's a series console issue that I hope they fix soon
  6. Nore2nv Win User

innternet explor

Edge keeps crashing when watching videos , after ten minutes it will freeze and send me back to the home screen. I'm using an Xbox one s and I'm having these issues ? Why haven't this been addressed yet
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing? - Similar Threads - Why Series suddenly

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  4. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Why snowrunner suddenly stops on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why snowrunner suddenly stops on my Xbox series X.: I have got snowrunner for Xbox series X but it suddenly stops every few hours and takes me back to my Xbox home screen so I have to reload the game from scratch every time it happens....
  7. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  8. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...
  9. Why does my Series X all of a sudden, after having it for several years, think it's plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Series X all of a sudden, after having it for several years, think it's plugged...: Same as above. Had the console for forever, moved multiple times with it, used it with WiFi and with a cable just fine for several years, and all of a sudden, 2 days ago it started thinking it was...
  10. Why can't my XBOX Series S handle Warzone suddenly???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my XBOX Series S handle Warzone suddenly???: So I've been playing Warzone 2 on my XBOX Series S since it came out. Up until about a month ago everything ran fine and looked great. Now for the last month or so my frame rate which always ran...