Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have an older Xbox when it comes to it so it can bug out every so often but this is kinda ridiculous it won't read any of my Xbox one games when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Corey_123, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Corey_123
    Corey_123 Guest

Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine?

So I have an older Xbox when it comes to it so it can bug out every so often but this is kinda ridiculous it won't read any of my Xbox one games when I try to load them up it tells me their either dirty or damaged but when I put in an Xbox 360 game or dvd it loads up just fine. I just want to know what I'm supposed to do here?

:)

Corey_123, Apr 28, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

could be the red diode that reads dvd discs and cd's is fine and that the blue diode that reads blueray discs is fubar.
    That would be my suspicion as well and is very likely what is going on
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

could be the red diode that reads dvd discs and cd's is fine and that the blue diode that reads blueray discs is fubar.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Have you already tried to clean your game discs? If it's a software issue, try to power cycle your console or perform a factory reset instead.

Please also check the complete guide for issues reading discs here on this link https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubl....
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  6. Dan and MissSprague Win User

Xbox one not reading g 360 disc

Yes they are compatible it black ops and black ops 2 both brand new disc and work in a 360 just fine my xbox one reads and plays all xbox one disc and blu Ray's and 4k movies but will not read or play dvd movies or 360 backward compatible games I've done
    system updates online and offline updates I've soft reset and hard reset and I've factory reset also and have no luck dont understand why it can read all disc except dvd and 360
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine? - Similar Threads - Why reading games

2. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  3. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  4. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  5. Why isn't my Xbox one s isn't reading disc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my Xbox one s isn't reading disc: Ive had xbox's my hole life I recently moved to Playstation because they no farting about with those at sony these day but your console it's a joke it self is new and am all ready hating it I use...
  6. Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One S, cannot read/play game discs. But it can play DVDs / blu-rays no...: It can play DVDs with no problem, but cannot read brandnew game disks, that have taken straight out of the box? I do not know if it matters, but my Xbox One S is a Minecraft edition. I'm just...
  7. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  8. why am i paying 12.99 for xbox Microsoft*Ultimate 1 Mont Reading GB 2493 whe i before all i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i paying 12.99 for xbox Microsoft*Ultimate 1 Mont Reading GB 2493 whe i before all i...: why am i paying 12.99 for xbox Microsoft*Ultimate 1 Mont Reading GB 2493 whe i before all i was paying was 10.99 has price gone up? f30edf0c-51b4-4550-973d-a7c8d35de013
  9. Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Wont my Xbox One X Read Xbox One X games?: I recently purchased an Xbox One X, I went to put Hogwarts Legacy for series X disc into the console, and it says the disc needs to be played in an Xbox One X… ce4ce58d-22c6-496f-a9f1-8e09c60af3f7
  10. Why has my Xbox’s online internet stopped working as good when it reads the statistics are fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my Xbox’s online internet stopped working as good when it reads the statistics are fine: Over the past 2 years I have had this console I have had amazing internet connection. In game I have previously gotten zero lag and or packet loss and my download speed has always ranged from...