Why is my Xbox not able to turn on via HDMI to the tv but when clicking the button it...

Discus and support Why is my Xbox not able to turn on via HDMI to the tv but when clicking the button it... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Typically when going to turn on my console it works aside from slow speeds and continuously disconnecting from WiFi directly plugged in. Now the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TrapCVS00, Oct 8, 2023.

1. TrapCVS00
    TrapCVS00 Guest

Why is my Xbox not able to turn on via HDMI to the tv but when clicking the button it...

Typically when going to turn on my console it works aside from slow speeds and continuously disconnecting from WiFi directly plugged in. Now the Xbox 1s I have is completely non compliant and won’t power on. It is receiving power from all original parts but after pressing the power on button and hearing the sound of the power on, it immediately turns off and shows no sign of power. What the hell is wrong with the damn thing. I’ve invested more time and money than reasonable, so I would hate to switch back to Sony. Please help if you know how if not then I guess Sony here we come

:)

TrapCVS00, Oct 8, 2023
  2. To CyNicAL Win User

HMDI to DVI

I have my Xbox connected via HDMI AND I have the standard AV connector connected to my Xbox at the same time (for Audio to turtlebeach headset)

If I turn off the TV and turn it back on, the XBOX will restart.. why?

Because the Xbox will switch to displaying via AV if the HDMI source is turned off, this calls for a restart.

Apparently this is what its meant to do Is ther a way of stopping this! as
  3. Miss Portia Win User

360 Slim audio out question

Hello! There isn't a setting to turn off HDMI audio, but you should be able to turn down your TV to disable the sound that travels via HDMI, correct?
  4. The Masterbam95 Win User

Xbox restarts when I turn off my tv and turn it back on or when I switch to a different channel.

On some HD TV's there is a feature that, when connected to a device with HDMI, will "communicate" with that device. An Example of this is like my setup. I have a Blu-ray player connected via HDMI. When both TV and Blu-ray player are off, and I only turn
    on the Blu-ray Player, they both turn on. It works the same way vice versa when I turn off my TV. I would go into your TV settings and look for a setting about HDMI "communication" and turn it off. Your TV might be telling your Xbox to "Turn on" and the Xbox
    takes that as a command and "Turn itself back on" by restarting.

Hope this helps...
  5. PrasAmin Win User

Xbox Mute needs to be sent twice to Samsung HW E350

I want to bring this back from the dead. I have a samsung hw-f450za, and an LG TV. Xbone elite is able to control my satellite receiver and tv no issues. Everything is connected via HDMI. I tend to use my xbox media remote to control tv, volume, etc.
    i have to hit the volume, mute buttons twice to change it. problem is of course, when turning the console on and off, tv turns off, sat box turns off, but soundbar doesnt. also, through kinect commands, i have to say commands for volume and mute twice in
    quick succession.

any fixes for this?
  6. Arminator Win User

360 turns off when switching TV's input (HDMI)

[quote user="Y0 MAMA415"]

I use to be able to pause my game and then switch the TV input ... But now the Xbox 360 turns off and turns back on ... I use to use componet cable. How can I fix this?

[/quote]

If possible, turn off your TV's
    HDMI-CEC
    function. Depending on your TV it's often called something brand specific like "Bravia Link" for Sony TVs, Viera Link for Panasonic, or Anynet+ for Samsung.Check your TVs user manual if it is able to control other devices via HDMI. Then turn the
    feature off.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox not able to turn on via HDMI to the tv but when clicking the button it... - Similar Threads - Why able turn

2. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  3. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  4. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  5. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  6. Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed: More of a statement then a question, I hate how I have a gamer pic with absolutely nothing wrong, or inappropriate, but Microsoft bans all my online activity that I [mod removed] pay real money I...
  7. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  8. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  9. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  10. I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm no longer able to use Game Bar and don't know why: I've been using Game Bar for quite some time but, recently, it has stopped working for me. I press the Windows key + G and it opens but when I press the button to Capture it says "We can't record...