Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.

Discus and support Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am currently using my phones hotspot to play a game of cod, it has worked before but for some reason the nat type is stopping me from being able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bailey George_934, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot.

I am currently using my phones hotspot to play a game of cod, it has worked before but for some reason the nat type is stopping me from being able to play.

IPv4

NAT Type: Strict
    UPnP not successful.

I am using my iphone 15 to hotspot my series x and in the past this has worked but for some reason it doesnt work now, I've tried switching the ports as instructed by youtube and I've also tried resetting my phones network settings completley.

:)

Bailey George_934, Apr 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Bailey, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Luvinlucy Win User

Multiplayer freezing?

My NAT while connected to my hotspot was on strict and would not connect to multiplayer.
  4. Grandpop829 Win User

Changing NAT type from Strict to Open With a Mobile Hotspot Instead of a Router

I can use my mobile hotspot for multiplayer on Fortnite but not on Farming Simulator 19. Why is this??
  5. RiordanStefan Win User

My xbox one s skips wifi password even after factory resetting. (Solution Found)

I have connected before while turning my hotspot to have no password and it worked.
  6. IsaacDread Win User

Cant Connect to Xbox Live on Wireless

Another user suggested I try connecting to a mobile hotspot instead of home's wireless network. Strangely, XBL worked when connected to the mobile hotspot. Why would one Xbox One (X) work on my wireless but the other (original) does not?
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox multiplayer not working while on my hotspot. - Similar Threads - Why multiplayer working

2. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  3. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  4. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  5. Why is Minecraft multiplayer still grayed out and disabled?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Minecraft multiplayer still grayed out and disabled?: I don't understand what the issue is, all the settings are allowed, the computer has been reset, I've logged out and back in multiple times, etc. does anyone know what the issue is that is keeping...
  6. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  7. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  8. Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft: I did everything but I cant play multi on minecraft I dont know why, I have allowed all privacy but I cant play, please help b1b5ba0a-99b4-4571-af03-ba75c9c38e53
  9. Why is COD MW2 MULTIPLAYER NOT WORKING ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is COD MW2 MULTIPLAYER NOT WORKING ?: Why isn't COD MW2 MULTIPLAYER not working after i purchased gold and restarted Xbox console. I just keep getting kicked to the game pass subscription screen I don't want game pass because I just...
  10. Why does disable multiplayer not work for me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does disable multiplayer not work for me?: I disabled multiplayer on my account and submitted it twice, the settings seem to be saved but for some reason everything multiplayer related is still working just fine. I had to do it through a...