Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Around last October to November I was having trouble swapping to a different game so held down the Xbox button and pressed restart console and when it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Magiir Deng , Sep 7, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?

Around last October to November I was having trouble swapping to a different game so held down the Xbox button and pressed restart console and when it turned on I got error E106 tried troubleshooting but didn’t have a flash drive at the time a couple months later I got one and did the offline update but it didn’t work yesterday (9/6/23) I erased the flash drive and re downloaded the offline update files and it worked kind of I’m having a multitude of issues. When I try and boot it up the tv is on but on a black screen for 5-10 minutes before turning on and I’m having trouble redownloading my games one moment it will be at 100-180 mbps and then it will stop showing the download speed and just freeze. Hard resetting doesn’t do anything I did find that unplugging the flash drive improved a lot of issues but a lot of them persisted. One random issue is I tried to edit my profile bio and the text popped up but no keyboard I turned off the Xbox normally and the text screen still sat there and eventually I had to hard reset to get the screen back to normal. This Xbox hasn’t been used in around 10 months. Is there a reason or fix to these issues? Edit: this is on the Xbox One X.

:)

Magiir Deng , Sep 7, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Magiir Deng ,

Thanks for the update.

We understand you just want to make your Xbox One X working. Should the console got repaired after brough to local store you may retry our suggested steps. Other than having this console repaired from a local store, if the device that is tampered by other technicians is brought to Microsoft. This could no longer be repaired by Microsoft as stated on terms of the device. Aside from that, this console is no longer sold in the market so, if the console itself will not turn on or repaired, this mean that you may need to upgrade or purchase a new console.

We know this is not the solution you are looking for however, we hope that this could help you with this issue.

Regards,
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Magiir Deng  Win User

Brought it in to a local repair store because it wouldn’t turn on shortly after I made the post
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Magiir Deng ,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One X after performing an offline update. It's possible that the update may have caused some software conflicts or corrupted files on your console. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Clear the cache on your Xbox One X by holding down the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning it on.

2. Check your internet connection and make sure it's stable. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that helps.

3. Try downloading your games one at a time to see if that helps with the download speed issue.

If none of these steps work, make sure your NTFS formatted flashdrive is ready for redo or troubleshoot of offline system update.

See this guidance for offline system update: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Black Wolf1 Win User

Xbox one keeps losing internet when i need to do a update

Hi, no it is not my internet i have tried that many times both wifi and with cable. I have tried many times and if i waited on trying the update my game was able to update so i was able to keep playing it on offline mode but it is when it wants to try and do the Xbox update it is then i lose internet, not sure why
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update? - Similar Threads - Why having many

2. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  3. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  4. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  5. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  6. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  7. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  8. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...
  9. Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...: So when I check the refund requests it says declined why I have never refunded a game and also I read over people’s requests it says that they got an email about there refund but I did not This...
  10. I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues: I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account and I can’t sigh into my account period, kinda annoying!!!!! 5d16ca68-602a-4116-b587-f8dd7e4d58bc