Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.

Discus and support Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 1GB hardwired internet to my Xbox and my DL speeds will not go over 10mbps. It starts at like 275 then drops to 6 and stays there. I’ve done... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by briansullivan666, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.

I have 1GB hardwired internet to my Xbox and my DL speeds will not go over 10mbps. It starts at like 275 then drops to 6 and stays there. I’ve done everything I can think of and everything that other people and Microsoft has said on every forum. I do not understand why this happens. And tbh it’s been like this for years it’s why I don’t ever use it anymore. Can someone please help. Thanks for any advise.

:)

briansullivan666, Apr 13, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

well you're downloading on a Saturday during the day which is peak loads, so everyone is getting throttled. If you're downloading a 5 GB file, it's going to download you less bandwidth then for 50. the speed of the Internet you pay for at your house is not relevant, all it means is that that's the maximum amount of data that your Internet provider will send to you from all combined sources. There are no websites that support gigabits speeds as it is designed for a family of four users, not one big fat pipe

Microsoft servers adjust the loads and the van with the allocated depending on the size of the file that you're downloading, as well as the current load on the entire system. This is not just from Xbox, this is from Skype, this is from every other kind of Microsoft service
  3. ziggy crossman7 Win User

Xbox Game pass (Xcloud) laggy and pixalated on high speed networks on Android.

It's very glitchy and I have a gig internet speed and hardwired and It's impossible to play any games on gamepass ultimate
  4. lino giovannetti Win User

20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.

My download speeds are 2.2 gig while having this issue and my Xbox is hardwired to the modem I don't use Wi-Fi
  5. JoETwEKnMAN3 Win User

Xbox One Series X - How do I fix Network speeds that I am seeing?

Hi my gt msg jus got fiber gig n dl speed never past 450 4 dl a game so please msg
  6. Fred420170 Win User

6.8 g Update for Killer Instinct is a JOKE.

You must all have really crappy internet speeds.. 6 gigs takes like 10-15 minutes to download...
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet. - Similar Threads - Why speed trash

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  4. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  5. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  6. Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...: So I connected my Xbox Series X to a samsung TV and it worked fine but then I disconnected it and then connected it back now with a no signal/unknown device showing that the xbox is detected on...
  7. Why isnt Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Need for Speed Underground on the backwards...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isnt Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Need for Speed Underground on the backwards...: I literally bought nfs underground, halo 2, halo CE, halo 3, forza horizon 3, and im disappointed that i cannot play nfs underground because its not backwards compatible, the same problem is with...
  8. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...
  9. Why is my xbox one download speed low?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one download speed low?: When I test network speed and statistics on my xbox one, it shows the download speed <100Mbps. I connect the xbox one to the router using a cat 6 cable. My Internet connection is 1000Mbps. How...
  10. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?: When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this? 1064198c-bf5f-40a1-86d4-13c59c99fce1