Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

Discus and support Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Taken4Granite, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a new controller to try to solve the issue. I've cleaned hardware both on the controller where the problem originated and the new one, however that did not solve the issue. I've dug around for others solutions to the issue yet like many of them the recommended solution are not fixing the issue. I am using a 3rd party controller, however I've eliminated that as the issue via an official controller on the same pc. I've also determined that it is not a hardware issue, as it did happened to all of my test controllers (about 6 controllers) of witch my family has never complained of thier controllers ever double tapping the "A" button. Any recommendations?

Google drive for video files that show what is happening.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O_OS1rZjTjVupsAjydMP6Srl9t97nXmW?usp=sharing

Scources/solutions I've tried

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...le-press/dfca83dc-1b8e-4459-b35d-852437d6794c

https://quickssolution.com/why-is-my-xbox-controller-double-tapping/

https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/190191-xbox-one-controller-double-tapping-d-pad-right-press.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7pipcr/techall_my_buttons_and_dpad_and_everything_double/

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1621724915803605735/

I hope someone can find a solution as I've been digging for just about a week now and have yet to find one.

:)

Taken4Granite, Aug 8, 2023
  2. Taken4Granite Win User

Well, I got desperate and tried my last resort. I tried a fresh install of windows. Whatever caused the issue was something software wise. Though I checked a lot I couldn't find the solution.

For those reading this, not what I'd recommend doing, but it has solved my issue for now.
  3. Taken4Granite Win User

I've also seen this solution, couldn't re-find the link to put it here. Though I've never connected a Xbox 360 controller to my system I unistalled everything to do with Xbox and controllers, reset my pc and it only took a couple of minutes for me to notice that the issue hadn't left.

Thanks for your attempt though!
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

Hi. My name is Mel and i am an independent advisor. i will do my best to help u today. this is a fix i found online. Fix 1:

In Windows, go to your Start menu or Windows search box and type in or look for Device Manager and open/launch it.

Click on View and Show Hidden Devices, and look for Windows xBox 360 Controllers on the bottom.

Delete all controllers listed in there and reboot your computer.

please let me know if it works. have a lovely day.
  5. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Let me know if you need further help with anything.

Regards
  6. melanie brown2 Win User

hi. im glad you have resolved the issue for now. i would still recommend contacting microsoft support and seeing if they have any further help for you.
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button? - Similar Threads - Why controller double

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  8. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  9. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  10. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...