Why is my xbox contoller behaving like this?

Discus and support Why is my xbox contoller behaving like this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a issue that I have come across, it seems like a bug which is going under noticed. Soon I as posted this issue on reddit I had like 7 people... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ali_AGamer, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Ali_AGamer
    Ali_AGamer Guest

I have a issue that I have come across, it seems like a bug which is going under noticed. Soon I as posted this issue on reddit I had like 7 people with the exact same issue. What happens is, when I turn of my xbox series x contoller on my pc at random times my screen goes black for a brief second and then returns back to normal. Most of the time the controller just turns off but sometimes the issue I stated happens. In reliability monitor I get a error saying, dwm.exe has had a APPCRASH and the faulting module is gameinput.dll. I have looked everywhere for answers and no avail. The post I put up on reddit has given me over 7 people with the same problem but no solution. I originally had a x670e and a ryzen 7900x pc. When I could not find a solution I returned every piece of hardware, ram, cpu, motherboard, psu, gpu, nvme stoarge. I then went to intel 13700k with a z790e motherboard, new gpu, new ram, new nvme for OS and to my suprise the issue is still there exactly the same error and problem on my intel system. I then tested on another weaker AMD system that has a 7700x and the issue happens on that to. Please fix this or forward this to the xbox team to fix the problem.

z790e motherboard

64gb ddr 5200mhzt ram

rtx 3080

1000 wat psu

samsung 980 1tb, 500gb nvme and three 2 tb sata SSDS

AMD system I had:
    7900x
    x670e motherboard
    32gb 6000mhzt ram
    radeon 7800 xt
    850wat psu

As you can see two complete different systems both with identical issues. This cant be hardware please address this it is annoying

:)

Ali_AGamer, Sep 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Ali_AGamer,

To help us resolve this issue, we ask that you report your case to Xbox Feedback. Xbox Feedback is a platform where you can share your feedback and suggestions with the Xbox development team. By reporting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll help us identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  3. Ali_AGamer Win User

The thing is, these necessory tools u speak of is just screen sharing and who ever is looking going through my pc and downloading rubbish like ram test and stress testing tools which I can do myself. As explained this cannot be hardware as I have had two complete different systems right down to the stoarge and the issue is identical. I then tested on another weaker AMD system issue is still there, on windows 10 I have no problems. What i did was just to test I wiped my nvme storage and i re installed windows 10 and I got zero problems. Its like the gameinput.dll is having issues with windows 11. I have done every stress test possible all is fine. I really want someone to forward this to the MS XBOX team for windows to replicate the issue and fix it because no way 3 systems have a identical issue.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Ali_AGamer,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  5. crazydude1965 Win User

Controller keeps losing connection

Time to go to xbox design lab and get a great custom contoller my friend
  6. cpt sheridan Win User

Xbox controller battery usage management issue

If was recommended that you only use disposable alkaline batteries, then why does Microsoft sell the official rechargable battery for the controllers.

I have two Xbox consoles in my house and I use the official Microsoft rechargable batteries in the contollers for both consoles.
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox contoller behaving like this? - Similar Threads - Why contoller behaving

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...