why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

Discus and support why is my xbox app downloading so slow? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanner Smith3, Feb 12, 2024.

1. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help??

:)

Tanner Smith3, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Tanner, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I don't believe they do this.

Please, set the priority to the Xbox App to high on Windows.

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.

Search for XBOX in the programs list and right-click it > Expand > Select Xbox App.

Right-click it > Select “Go to details,” then find “XboxPcAppFT.exe” in the program list, right-click it, select “Set priority,” and then, “High.

Then, reset your connection on Windows.

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

This should help you improve your connection with Microsoft.
  3. TheeMarf Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass - Slow Download Speeds

I'm on gigabit internet as well.

Xbox app on PC is the only slow app when it comes to downloads. Consistently caps out at about ~22MBPS (~175mbps) where as plenty of other game launchers such as Steam/Uplay/Battle.net pull upwards of ~100MBPS (~800mbps). I'm on a gigabit connection. Why is the Xbox app so slow to download and install games? Its pathetic.

Edit
  4. TheeMarf Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

Didn't work for me but ty for sharing the info to check it.

Xbox app on PC is the only slow app when it comes to downloads. Consistently caps out at about ~22MBPS (~175mbps) where as plenty of other game launchers such as Steam/Uplay/Battle.net pull upwards of ~100MBPS (~800mbps). I'm on a gigabit connection. Why is the Xbox app so slow to download and install games? Its pathetic.
  5. doublesit Win User

Why are the Apps so slow?

Lich, this is not true, i had this issue (especially with ghosts running) from the beginning!

when i start up ghosts pretty nothing really works! if i am in a lobby and whant to see someones profile i can't open it! it takes too much time!

maybe it is also ghosts which is just poorly programmed, or it is the xbox that is not really next gen ...!

i for myself am pretty unhappy with my choice to keep on supporting MS with the one! hoped to get a real gaming machine but it is not!
  6. LarryBrah Win User

Why are the Apps so slow?

Hello TheBigSnot,

If loading times have decreased it could be the cache build up on the xbox. Have you tried holding down the power button for 7 seconds and rebooting the system? This usually works because there are many things happening in the background of the console.

The xbox can multitask many apps and a game at any given time. After using some apps or a game, go to the Home screen and use the Menu button to quit some apps that you are currently not using.

Also, if I may ask, are you on the Preview Program? If you are experiencing screen locking and really bad slowness, this is expected and should be reported on the Preview Forums.

Let us know how it goe's, thank you!
Thema:

1. why is my xbox app downloading so slow? - Similar Threads - why app downloading

2. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  3. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  4. why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either: My game is downloading at like 7.7mb/s how do i increase it a593b27e-d09e-49a2-9464-66ab57a6b0c9
  5. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  6. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  7. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  8. why will nothing download and update from the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why will nothing download and update from the xbox app: I own a 1year old proper gaming PC. Cost $3000 can run almost anything I have updated Windows and everything app known to man on my PC I have reinstalled updated fixed started stopped rebooted...
  9. Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?: i try to pre-install Payday 3, and the download show error at 7% so i try to redownload it. but when i try to redownload it, it start at 7% and stuck at 0 b/s and cannot be canceled. i already try...
  10. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work: I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531