Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't?

Discus and support Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evan Rosen1, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Evan Rosen1
    Evan Rosen1 Guest

When I download games on steam I get 600-700 mb/s but on the xbox app it's 10-15 mb/s. Is there a way I can fix this?

:)

Evan Rosen1, Jul 23, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your download speed issue on the Xbox app.

Please check this link for some steps you can do:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. EdragonXX Win User

hey, i was just wondering why my updates are going so slow that they are 50 kb a second when my download speed is 40?

hey, i was just wondering why my updates are going so slow that they are 50 kb a second when my download speed is 40?
    Try to close your game and check your download speed again.
  4. TheeMarf Win User

PC Xbox Game Pass - Slow Download Speeds

I'm on gigabit internet as well.

Xbox app on PC is the only slow app when it comes to downloads. Consistently caps out at about ~22MBPS (~175mbps) where as plenty of other game launchers such as Steam/Uplay/Battle.net pull upwards of ~100MBPS (~800mbps). I'm on a gigabit connection. Why is the Xbox app so slow to download and install games? Its pathetic.

Edit
  5. TheeMarf Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

Didn't work for me but ty for sharing the info to check it.

Xbox app on PC is the only slow app when it comes to downloads. Consistently caps out at about ~22MBPS (~175mbps) where as plenty of other game launchers such as Steam/Uplay/Battle.net pull upwards of ~100MBPS (~800mbps). I'm on a gigabit connection. Why is the Xbox app so slow to download and install games? Its pathetic.
  6. Crystal007M Win User

Why is the download speed on Xbox PC so slow?

Hi XBF,

Thank you for the tips, I do note that these tips are for a actual Xbox whereas I use PC Xbox App. So definitely no games running. My brother uses actual Xbox in our house and his speeds are fine, over 30 mb/s it only seems to be the PC Xbox app that is slow at downloading (as noted I download games from Steam on same PC and speed is fine). Any recommendations?

Thank you
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox app download speed slow when my steam download isn't? - Similar Threads - Why app download

2. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  3. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  4. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  5. why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why are my games on the xbox PC app taking so long to download. Its not my internet either: My game is downloading at like 7.7mb/s how do i increase it a593b27e-d09e-49a2-9464-66ab57a6b0c9
  6. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  7. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  8. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  9. why will nothing download and update from the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why will nothing download and update from the xbox app: I own a 1year old proper gaming PC. Cost $3000 can run almost anything I have updated Windows and everything app known to man on my PC I have reinstalled updated fixed started stopped rebooted...
  10. Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i cannot cancel my download in Xbox App (Windows 11)?: i try to pre-install Payday 3, and the download show error at 7% so i try to redownload it. but when i try to redownload it, it start at 7% and stuck at 0 b/s and cannot be canceled. i already try...