Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible

Discus and support Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Internet just cuts off randomly on my Xbox especially when I’m trying to play call of duty, and when that happens, I have to type in the Wi-Fi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chase Sallinen, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible

My Internet just cuts off randomly on my Xbox especially when I’m trying to play call of duty, and when that happens, I have to type in the Wi-Fi password like 10 times for it to finally connect just to get ping in the 300s on 200mbps internet. I hate when I turn on my Xbox and the Internet is already disconnected. This doesn’t happen on any other device connected to the Internet

:)

Chase Sallinen, Feb 14, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Chase, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Ultratov Win User

VIRGIN MEDIA SUPERHUB

One issue with the superhub is its terrible Wi-fi. I use modem mode with my Netgear router connected. Much much better performance.
  4. M0aHerder Win User

Cannot Set Up Xbox One S All-Digital Console

Wow, I used wi-fi sharing with my mobile hotspot and it actually worked! Must have been something about my specific wi-fi network the Xbox didn't like. Thanks so much!
  5. vanontom Win User

Have to unplug my xbox EVERY time now.

Update: My issues seem to have been fixed with latest Xbox update (2015-12), amazingly enough. My console now turns on when I press the Xbox button on my controller, and those sync issues are gone , and I can use "instant on" power mode.

I also turned of my network router's 5G Wi-Fi (Xbox controllers operate with 5G Wi-Fi Direct tech, it was within a few feet of my Xbox, range was terrible, unnecessary, etc), which may have nothing to do with it.
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

My download speed is absolute garbage!

Hello everyone :)

Upon further inspection, I think I found that reason that I have garbage downloads speed. I don't know much about how Wi-Fi works so here goes nothing

Like i said before, my Wi-Fi Signal Strenght is 1 out of 4 bars without using my Wi-Fi Range Extender.

I get 4 out of 4 Wi-Fi Signal Strenght using my Wi-Fi Range Extender.

The best way to describe my set-up is this.

Imagine a square box to represent the Game Room.

I am forced to set-up my Xbox One in the Top Middle part of the Square because it is closest to the Wi-Fi Range Extender.

Any further and the Wi-Fi Signal Strenght will drop to 2 out of 4 bars.

The Wi-Fi Range Extender has to be located on the Top Left Corner of the Square because the Wi-Fi Signal coming from the left outside of the wall.

The distance from the Wi-Fi Range Extender to my Xbox One is 5 feet :)

Also located in the Top Left Corner is a Circuit Breaker :(

Circuit Breaker is located 5 feet away from the Xbox One also :(

Please tell me that the Circuit Breaker isn't affecting my Wi-Fi

Also, is it actually confirmed that Xbox Live purposely limits the download speed slower even though your ISP is providing fast download speeds?

If this is true, that would be so messed up indeed.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)

Thema:

1. Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible - Similar Threads - Why terrible

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  7. Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?: This is now the second game I have bought on Xbox that shows in the Xbox app on PC, even though it is not considered a play anywhere title (other was Limbo) and won't actually let you play on PC...
  8. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...
  9. why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!: I played 6-8 matches in which me and my friend have been absolutely destroyed in. how is it skill based match making if 6-8 games in a row we have been defeated 6-0, i am a pretty good player,...
  10. Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep giving terrible green and purple pixelation when I start up games?: Two times in the last two months I’ve had the problem where my Xbox just erupts into terrible green and purple pixelation and I can’t get away from it. I need help. [img]...