Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

Discus and support Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate and when I go into videos setting for my Series X Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mitchell_244, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Mitchell_244
    Mitchell_244 Guest

I have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate and when I go into videos setting for my Series X Xbox the option for "Allow Variable Refresh Rate" is greyed out. I have "Allow 4k" unchecked, HDMI overrides, 24 bits per pixel (8-bits) selected, preset of the monitor to "FPS", and "FreeSync Premium" on. The HDMI cord is in the correct 2.0 port. Is there something that I am missing?

:)

Mitchell_244, Jul 16, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Mitchell_244,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the variable refresh rate option on your Xbox Series X. I understand that you have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate, and that you have checked the video settings and the HDMI port on your console and monitor.

There are a few possible reasons why the variable refresh rate option might be greyed out on your Xbox Series X. One of them is that your monitor might not support variable refresh rate over HDMI 2.0, which is the standard that the Xbox Series X uses. According to the Sceptre website, your monitor supports FreeSync Premium over DisplayPort 1.4, but it does not specify if it supports it over HDMI 2.0 as well. You can try contacting Sceptre customer service to confirm this information.

Another possible reason is that your monitor might have a firmware issue that prevents it from enabling variable refresh rate with the Xbox Series X. Some users have reported that updating the firmware of their monitors solved this problem. You can check if there is a firmware update available for your monitor on the Sceptre website or by contacting Sceptre customer service.

You reach out to them here: Support - Contact Us. (sceptre.com)

A third possible reason is that your HDMI cable might not be compatible with variable refresh rate. You need to use a high-speed HDMI cable that supports HDMI 2.0 or higher to enable this feature on your Xbox Series X. You can try using a different HDMI cable or testing your cable on another device that supports variable refresh rate.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. Erekle Napireli Win User

i have xbox series s console
  4. Erekle Napireli Win User

My problem is that it was showing before that i had variable refresh rate but now it is not showing

my monitor supports amd freesync premium and nvidia g-sync

my monitor name is Philips evnia 3000 series
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Variable refresh rate is grey out

If both your TV and the Receiver fully support eARC, then it might work. You may need to check both suppliers (amp and TV) for firmware updates before attempting.

You have an interesting setup conundrum that is only likely to get more common with more TVs supporting VRR. I really hope that you find a working path that you can share with all of us!
Thema:

1. Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - Why variable refresh

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...