Why is my username/gamertag something completely different?

Discus and support Why is my username/gamertag something completely different? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've just bought an xbox controller for my PC and paired it via blutooth. When pressing the xbox button it brought up an overlay and had this random... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MrColon100, Apr 28, 2023.

1. MrColon100
    MrColon100 Guest

I've just bought an xbox controller for my PC and paired it via blutooth. When pressing the xbox button it brought up an overlay and had this random username of, "SnowyBow2036102". I've not used an xbox for years and I have no idea who that is, it's certainly not something I've ever called myself online or anywhere. But it's telling me that's my name, for some reason. I'm concerned someone may have had access to my account, or is this just something weird xbox do where they've assigned me a name or something?

Appreciate any insight,

Thanks!

:)

MrColon100, Apr 28, 2023
  2. MrColon100 Win User

Ah ok, I must have used a different email account originally. Thanks for the help!
  3. MrColon100 Win User

Oh ok, that makes sense! Thanks a lot!
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

if you keep that account you can freely change the tag one time without paying as it is an auto generated tag.
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you're using a different account than you previously did when you did use Xbox, it's likely just the randomly generated tag Microsoft accounts get.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

My gamertag contains my year of birth. It seems unfair that I have to pay 13 dollars when I have a legit reason for changing it.

AT a guess I would say that the OP is using a different username here than their gamertag (my username here was originally different to my GT) hence the confusion as the year is in their GT but not in their username here
Thema:

1. Why is my username/gamertag something completely different? - Similar Threads - Why username gamertag

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d
  6. Why do I get a strike 2 different times for the same username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get a strike 2 different times for the same username: I have been banned for a year because I got a strike 2 different times for the same username (keep in mind I have 6 strikes already), I understand getting a strike for a username that goes against...
  7. Why does it still show my old username when I changed it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still show my old username when I changed it: I changed my name a week and a bit a go I thought it would show my new one how do I fix this problem I payed for it. 2449449b-c79a-453d-93ae-3dbd9750f39c
  8. Why doesn't this username work?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't this username work?: There is a username that is not in use , it is "SunsFee". No one is using it, yet it makes me us a # with numbers unless i add something else to the end, which i dont want to do, i want SunsFee...
  9. Why is there a random username when I log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is there a random username when I log in: When I log into new games, there is a random username that appears. I thought i changed it but it appears that is only with xbox. I recently just logged into a game and the username is still...
  10. Why is the Xbox naming system rejecting a completely valid and extremely unique username as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the Xbox naming system rejecting a completely valid and extremely unique username as...: TL;DR: I want to change my Xbox to something that is 100% free to use, but the system is rejecting it. Now a stupid amount of details for my interactions with the stupid naming system: - Until...