Why is my usb microphone not working?

Discus and support Why is my usb microphone not working? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have tried everything suggested by the microphone company and from YouTube videos. When I test my microphone in the computer settings, it detects my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Travis Harper, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Why is my usb microphone not working?

I have tried everything suggested by the microphone company and from YouTube videos. When I test my microphone in the computer settings, it detects my voice but extremely low even when I tap on the microphone hard. When I proceed to play a game such as, Modern Warfare 2 (the newest call of duty), it detects that I have a microphone in use and lets me choose it as my voice chat device but again my voice isn't detected. I have all of the correct settings selected but no one can hear me. I have tried uninstalling the device in device manager and the control panel app under sound. I have also tried allowing and Un allowing the device in regular settings but still didn't fix my issue. All of my microphone levels through regular settings, Modern Warfare 2, control panel, and device manager are all turned up and unmuted. So, if anyone has any idea on what it could be please respond back to this.

:)

Travis Harper, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Mitchell - MSFT Win User

Hello Travis Harper,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I speculated that the microphone driver might be causing the problem, so try going to the microphone manufacturer's website, downloading the appropriate driver, installing it, and checking to see if the problem can be fixed.

If you find that the problem persists after the latest version of the driver is installed, it is recommended that you download the old version of the driver to try it. You can also obtain the corresponding driver directly from the microphone support staff.

Also, if possible, try to connect your microphone to another device for testing, this is to ensure that your microphone itself is not malfunctioning. If you find the same problem in all your devices, this is evidence that there may be a malfunction in McCann-fung that needs to be repaired.

However, if you find that the problem only appears in the computer you are currently using, and you have already performed the program of re-installing the driver, I think it is necessary for you to update or re-install the USB driver for your computer, if necessary, check whether there is a foreign body in the interface, whether there is a poor contact fault.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT
  3. Frathos Win User

microphones

The Dashboard team added support for third party USB webcams so that is why you are finding that they work whereas the same is not true for USB microphones except for maybe the Xbox specific branded USB mic.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?

Not all USB microphones works on Xbox, you may need to search for compatible microphones
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

USB microphone not working?

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey, Spinkzypoo, how are you today? Hope you're well.

This is happening on the console?

If it is, unfortunately, the console only recognizes, primarily, the mic attached to the headset, the console doesn't work properly with USB mic's or even USB headset's for that matter. So, unfortunately, there's no way for you to use that USB mic with your headset connected.
  6. ngocphi Win User

USB microphone not working?

You need to.buy one that is made for.xbox
Thema:

1. Why is my usb microphone not working? - Similar Threads - Why usb microphone

2. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  3. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  6. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  7. Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?: Gen 2 USB headset and all of sudden it won't turn on, won't charge, and won't connect to the windows app on my computer. No lights, no charging, no power, and when plugged directly into computer,...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...: How do I go about fixing the USB port to my son's gen x console and how much is the cost. It's only been 8 months and already broken while old console is strong and still going?...
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...