Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow?

Discus and support Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my usb and go to capture and share to use it as my capture device, it says it is too slow! I have formatted it as ntfs and it still does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oli Jennison, May 14, 2023.

1. Oli Jennison
    Oli Jennison Guest

When I plug in my usb and go to capture and share to use it as my capture device, it says it is too slow! I have formatted it as ntfs and it still does not work! I have recorded multiple times on my xbox with a different USB 3.0 and it was fine! I have researched and my old one is 150 megabytes per second read speed and my new one is 25 megabytes per second. I assume this is why but I can't find my old one. Is there anything I can do to use the new one.

:)

Oli Jennison, May 14, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is no way to use it, many more inexpensive flash drives have much cheaper transceiver chips that cannot keep up with the transfer rate. USB 3.0 basically means the plug is blue, and carries no guarantee of performance unless it's in the literature for the product
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

USB 3.0 Flash Drive "TOO SLOW?"

Some flash drives have very slow internal storage even though the controller is fast enough to support USB 3.0, might be the issue.
  4. Darth Riker Win User

The transfer rate (read/write speeds) of the USB might be the issue.

Looking at the SanDisk website (and I hope I have the correct USB here based on your link):

SanDisk Ultra: Read speed is up to 100 MB/s (https://www.sandisk.com.au/home/usb-flash/ultra-usb)

You may better off with something with higher read speeds such as this one:

SanDisk Extreme PRO: Read speed is up to 420 MB/s; Write speed is up to 380 MB/s (https://www.sandisk.com.au/home/usb-flash/extremepro-usb)

This site may be of some help as well (mind you I found it just by browsing):

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-of-the-fastest-usb-3-0-flash-drives-you-should-buy/

I'm not advising you to buy a particular brand of flash drive - just advising you to try out one which has a higher read/write speed to see if it works.
  5. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Red Death!

Thank you for reaching out! If you haven't already, we suggest you try our
    Storage on Xbox One
    article for assistance with the setup. Make sure to test out different USB ports on the console just in case there are issues with the primary one. Let us know how it goes!
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Microsoft Store

Tipically USB flash drives are too slow to run games on. An external Hard Drive comes either as mechanical disk (HDD) or solid state (SSD) USB 2.0 is a standard that industry use and follow, Xbox One for instance requires the latest industry standard of
    USB 3.0. You should be able to store your game on your PCs internal HDD
Thema:

1. Why is my usb 3.0 flash drive too slow? - Similar Threads - Why usb flash

2. Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I was wondering why don't you have support for USB mics: It would make it much easier if you did a system update on USB mics to make them compatible please make them compatible e38b28f6-e4e7-4cb9-b9d2-998b2cb7574d
  3. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  6. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  7. Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headset has NO life, why?: Gen 2 USB headset and all of sudden it won't turn on, won't charge, and won't connect to the windows app on my computer. No lights, no charging, no power, and when plugged directly into computer,...
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the gen x console so expensive but built cheap compared to latest console. The USB...: How do I go about fixing the USB port to my son's gen x console and how much is the cost. It's only been 8 months and already broken while old console is strong and still going?...
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...