Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed

Discus and support Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is my storage busted, i tried everything to fix it but the storage reads 0.0%. c84a1ff5-9716-4cd4-bf6a-bd5e113b6493 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex Vanocker, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed

Is my storage busted, i tried everything to fix it but the storage reads 0.0%.

:)

Alex Vanocker, Jul 3, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

Could you give me more information about your problem to give you better guidance?

On which platform are you experiencing this problem?

Have you tried any previous solution?

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. Sebastop228 Win User

Xbox 360 corrupted internal memory unit

Hi Diego,

There is no error message (except when I try to download an update that I suspect is a consequence of this issue). Basically, when I go to the Storage menu, and go down to the Internal Storage, it says there are only 450 MB free of the 3 GB capacity (which
    is normal - it was like that previously). However, when I click on Internal Storage, all the section say that 0.0 KB are being used, as if there was absolutely nothing in this storage space.

The internal storage is where my profile (console-only) and all my game files are stored. Hence, I cannot access them as I believe the files in the internal storage have been corrupted. I believe the update and subsequent error message when I try to do the
    update come from all the previous updates having been corrupted from the internal storage.

I was wondering if this is a problem that has been encountered before and if there is any known solution to recover my game files.

Thank you,

Sebastien
  4. ErickDybala Win User

Xbox one X apps won't install

New xbox one x everything installs except blu ray app, films & tv, amazon video won't install. Just says installation stopped at 0.0,% every time. Tried everything suggested. Run out of ideas and patience.tried hard reset, reset console pretty much
    cleared the whole thing started afresh but nothing.
    i have the same problem , i buy my new brand xbox one s 4 days ago and i can't download apps like youtube , spotify and 3 apps extra for avatars, accesories , when I download them it stays in 0.0 and seconds later I see download stopped without advancing at
    all 8x80072f8f error and it is not my internet or my router or failures of xbox live please help and try everything that moderators have written and it does not happen absolutely nothing I still do not have power, is it a problem for you or ours?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox One hdd spends a lot of time doing "nothing" after switching on.

Even when you are not doing nothing the external storage will be read by the console, this is how external storage works, it's part of having the content available for use on the console
  6. SPWING WOLL Win User

Why can’t i play call of duty mw3.

Hi I own mw3 2023 on disc and have gold through ultimate game pass why is it I follow everything to the letter but still tell me I don't own the game when it is sitting in my console... so I Uninstall the mw3 main app and try again my xbox reads the disc but nothing not even a this game is installing notification but I take that disc out and put In another it instantly reads it and tells me it's installing its just frustrating
Thema:

1. Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed - Similar Threads - Why storage reading

2. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  3. Why is my Storage decreased?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Storage decreased?: I have a Series S with the 500GB internal, it now shows that 364GB is the total storage available. I only have 2 games installed which add up to 232GB. There is 132GB that I cannot view and or...
  4. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  5. Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why would I lose storage on my Xbox One S?: I have a 1tb Xbox One S. Recently it changed the size of the storage and I am unsure why. I used to have around 900GB for storage after console software took up some. After having an issue with an...
  6. I'm missing 300GB of storage, why

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm missing 300GB of storage, why: I have a Xbox series S and I'm missing roughly 300GB of storage I know at most 100 is going to not be used because of various things, but that's still 200 that I can't use, all I have is brotato,...
  7. Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?: I have a 5tb external hard-drive. I have it formated for the xbox series x. I have it almost full with games, but only some will play directly from it. Others I have to constantly swap back and...
  8. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  9. Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage: Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage 8e9d8b76-4206-4589-9450-fc8d749a7895
  10. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...