Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

Discus and support Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I have Starfield installed on both my PC and Xbox console. When I play on of my Xbox however my latest save is not there when I try to play on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Varish Mirchandani, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

Hi,

So I have Starfield installed on both my PC and Xbox console.

When I play on of my Xbox however my latest save is not there when I try to play on PC...I get the following message: another device is taking too long to sync its recent save. It gives 2 options: Try to sync again or continue with the previously existing cloud save that's available. Trying to sync again is never succesful and the existing cloud save its at least 2 days old.

Now my xbox is usually on sleep mode during this time.

This obviously means that the Play Anywhere feature does not work or is a complete fabrication unless there is a solution to this.

:)

Varish Mirchandani, Sep 8, 2023
  2. FistsofPain Win User

Starfield not syncing from PC > Laptop

I have the same issue, but then between an Xbox Series S and my pc. There seems to be something wrong with the pc not detecting whether the saves have synced properly.
  3. Fay Fay Win User

Kathy,

3. Try manually syncing your saved games by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" section of Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. From there, select "Saved Data" and then "Sync Now."

all I can see is delete all and delete, or clear

are you sure this Sync now is available in xbox x??? or is just my xbox x dont have this function

thanks!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Fay Fay,

Thank you for sharing additional details.

The information your providing seems to be related to the game/s save that was not synced well to the cloud. Since this is not on just one game, we believe you can follow our suggestion below. To answer your question about the report on Team Xbox, this is for the issues that requires investigation or unexpected issue or known issues, the resolution sometimes comes after an update or immediately, but this usually depends upon the finding of Team Xbox.

For your concern, it seems like you will be bringing with you the saves that is currently in the cloud in your vacation (if you are planning a gaming day on vacay). If the scenario you are having, is you have console 1 & 2. If console 1 is on level 50 in game and console 2 still on level 10, you must connect your console 1 online to your network to sync your saves. You might need to launch your game and make sure your level 50 is shown and synced. Or you might also need to prevent the console 2 to be online during your sync to ensure that the higher level for the game will retain and overwrite the older one.

Should you experience issues with the sync, please check the details here for your error message: Syncing Xbox game saves to the cloud error messages | Xbox Support.

For learn more about cloud game save, please check: Xbox cloud game saves FAQ | Xbox Support.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Regards,
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Varish Mirchandani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you are playing Starfield and is unable to sync the saves well. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Starfield is part of Play Anywhere and should allow you to save your game from different platform. The inability to sync a previous save of the game usually happens when your internet connection is unstable the game was not connected to Xbox Network for syncing, or your console enabled offline gaming. For this issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we know if you have issues playing other play anywhere game title?
    2. May we ask if you are having issues keeping the saves of other games?
    3. Did you encounter an error message or code?

For troubleshooting we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Make sure that both your Xbox Series X and PC are connected to the internet and that your Xbox Live account is signed in on both devices.

2. Check to see if there are any updates available for Starfield on both your Xbox Series X and PC. If there are updates available, make sure to install them on both devices.

3. EDIT: If none of the above steps work, try signing out of your Xbox Live account on both your Xbox Series X and PC, and then signing back in.

If you continue to experience issues with syncing your saved games, it would be best to report this issue to the game support and with Team Xbox.

• Official support page for Starfield.
    • Report to Team Xbox through Xbox app for Windows:
      • Launch Xbox app
      • Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
      • Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
      • Select “Report a problem”
      • Click Give new feedback
      • Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary
        • Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.
      • Category should automatically be selected.
      • In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.
      • Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread
    • Report to Team Xbox through Xbox Console, install Report a Problem app and create a report through that app - Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. W Zach Jordan Win User

Yes, I have to wonder why they provided no option to see sync status or an option to sync all saves. It doesn't seem to be working very well at all.
Thema:

1. Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC - Similar Threads - Why Saved Games

2. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  3. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  4. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?: Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old...
  5. Why game not save at all the procress event Track Tour

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why game not save at all the procress event Track Tour: I have played houres to event and to end victory and leave game.Another day i open game and i see i have two race done.Why game not save? b601d24f-b0ff-465b-9bc7-473c0de29675
  6. I only had one game install and the xbox x said don't have enough space. to save game why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I only had one game install and the xbox x said don't have enough space. to save game why: why i received don't have enough space to save game in the clouds ebdfdb42-26d1-4905-bf32-b1951d697c46
  7. Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?: I have been playing Starfield on my Series S and then I go to play on my steamdeck via cloud gaming. This is fine, it syncs the saves from the servers that have been uploaded from my Series S but...
  8. Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox keep saying "can't save more game data?" When I know it has space?: For multiple days now I've been getting the message "we can't save more data for this game or app" I have soft/hard reset the Xbox multiple times. I have also deleted the main game I'm trying to...
  9. Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I find my saved games the next time I play?: So I've been playing AC Odyssey on my XBOX One. And at the end of each time I play, I do a manual save game in the menu. However, when I next get on to play, all of that progress is lost and I can...
  10. Why aren't my digital games saved to my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren't my digital games saved to my xbox?: If I were to delete my account there is documentation that states that any games that were purchased on this account will be deleted. Why is that? If I payed for the games I feel like I should be...