Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...

Discus and support Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't play call of duty anymore 22e89921-df68-4b49-96e6-70d5ec7e102e Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Forrest long, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Forrest long
    Forrest long Guest

Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...

I can't play call of duty anymore

:)

Forrest long, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Why is my right trigger loose.😭 I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no tension in it. What's happening and how do I fix it?

Hi Forrest, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If your controller is still under warranty, please, submit a repair request.

Register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  3. Krazy Crayon Win User

Are Xbox One controllers defective right away?

Someone has said what I have been pointing out for a few months now. The Xbox One controllers are poorly/cheaply made. I got sent out 5 defective day one controllers after sending the one that came with my console in. The most recent one came in yesterday
    and right out the box they sent it in the left trigger hits something not allowing the trigger to move all the way down. Its a shock to me that they sent it to me in poor condition, meaning they don't inspect the controller before sending it out. I bought
    a ps4 and the next step is to get rid of the Xbox One all together. I have had numerous problems with the controllers I bought from gamestop and walmart too, issues like triggers grinding, triggers squeaking, buttons not working, loose bumpers, controller
    disconnects and a whole lot more, all I have been able to get out of microsoft is to send the controller into them at my expense.
  4. lawgone Win User

The Xbox One Controller - Is yours kinda flimsy?

Both my day one controller and the controller that came with my Titanfall bundle are loose and creaky on the right side. I much prefer the rock solid feeling of the 360 controller. I hope they fix this because we shouldn't have to wait 10 years for controllers
    that don't creek. I also prefer the "straight back" trigger pull of the 360 compared to the XB1 that seems to pull at an angle.
  5. odoro87 Win User

elite controller trigger swap

Hmm I've changed my triggers to the back paddles now and it works, do you mean making right trigger do left trigger things and vice versa?
  6. simons007 Win User

Xbox controller left trigger sticks

Had the same problem. Day one the left trigger was physically stuck. After applying some pressure and wiggling around a bit it released and started working fine for a couple of months. Then one day it got stuck again. So I did the same thing to free it up
    and it worked for a couple of months. Today the trigger was logically stuck ON making it impossible to play some games. Since the warranty is only a whopping 90 days I decided to open it up.

You can pull the side panels of the controller off with your fingers. This exposes a slight view of the trigger switch. What I found was a loose screw magnetically stuck to the magnet that makes up the trigger switch. What was happening was if the screw
    was stuck between the magnet and the PC board it prevented the trigger from closing. If the screw was moved to the side, but still stuck to the magnet, the trigger worked fine. With some small pliers I was able to remove the screw.

Unfortunately this did not fix my logically stuck trigger. I think what happened was after months of the screw moving around in there it scraped up the circuit board breaking the circuit.

I took the controller apart further to see if my theory was correct. (FYI in addition to the four screws under the side pieces, there is a screw under the battery compartment sticker.) I didn't see any obvious damage from the screw but I can't see what's
    causing the broken circuit. I didn't see any places where the loose screw could have come from.

If you have a sticking trigger you might want to open up the side and see if it is a loose screw before it gets worse like mine.
Thema:

1. Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no... - Similar Threads - Why right trigger

2. Why is my Xbox scrolling to the right?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox scrolling to the right?: I just bought an Xbox series s and it keeps scrolling to the right even with a friend's controller connected that works just fine on their own console. So it's not the controllers. I assume it has...
  3. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  4. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  5. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  6. Why does my right number not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my right number not work?: I have an Xbox Series Elite 2 controller, and my right bumper barely works. It makes the clicking noise and it works sometimes but 90% of the time it doesn’t. I’m not sure if something is...
  7. Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my cursor keep teleporting after i right click in roblox microsoft version: right after installing microsoft roblox every time i right click my cursor keep ending up on a whole diffrent place, everytime i right click to change my pov it keep teleporting the cursor into...
  8. Xbox X right joystick not working in games. Do anyone know why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X right joystick not working in games. Do anyone know why?: I have a Xbox X that I purchased brand new in January of this year. A few weeks ago I went to play call of duty and noticed that the right joystick was not working. The issue was that, the...
  9. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  10. Why is my Xbox stuck 3 hours in the past? It had the right time zone and date but it won’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox stuck 3 hours in the past? It had the right time zone and date but it won’t...: right now it is 5:14pm and I want to make it correct on my Xbox because my Xbox says it is 2:14pm but when I change it to be correct, my console goes right back to being three hours behind...