Why is my remote not working outside the charging case?

Discus and support Why is my remote not working outside the charging case? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox elite series controller and it only works and turns on when it is plugged into the charging case. When it is in it turns on and says... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zakkariah Kershaw, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Why is my remote not working outside the charging case?

I have an Xbox elite series controller and it only works and turns on when it is plugged into the charging case. When it is in it turns on and says that the battery is full but when i take it out the controller automatically turns off and I can’t turn it back on unless I put it back in the charging case. It’s been in the charging case for around 2 hours so it can’t be the battery. What do i do?

:)

Zakkariah Kershaw, Oct 23, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Zakkariah K, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Have you already reset the controller?
    Try restarting the controller by unplugging it from the charging case and holding down the power button for a few seconds until it turns off completely. Then turn it back on by pressing the power button again. This can reset the connection and fix temporary problems.

I also leave you a link to the solution to these wireless connection problems.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

Best regards.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox warranty expired , but I feel like I have been absolutely scammed and robbed

If it worked for a year and a half, then you were not sold a defective product. It's unfortunate that it did have an issue outside of warranty, but it's standard practice for a company to charge to fix their product outside of the warranty if they will
    even touch it at all. That's typically why a lot of retailers offer extended warranties on electronics when you buy them as well.
  4. FadingToJosh Win User

Thoughts so far on Project xCloud (Preview)?

Remote streaming has a lot of work to go. As of right now, the latency when trying to play outside your house makes it impossible to do competitive games realistically.
  5. Lenny The Dub Win User

Xbox and bell fibe

I just switched from Rogers to Fibe. Can't understand how, if their remote works with the Xbox and the Fibe remote works with other DVD players, why there isn't a code for the Fibe remote.

It's just infra red, right?
  6. JO3 B 0ne Win User

Xbox turns on multiple TVs

And after taking a closer look... that is the case. I see on my power settings the remotes IR code. And both remotes work on the opposite TVs so unless i can find a way to change the IR code in one of the TVs I'm stuck in this situation.
Thema:

1. Why is my remote not working outside the charging case? - Similar Threads - Why remote working

2. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  3. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  4. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  5. Why is vibration not supported on remote play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is vibration not supported on remote play?: Remote play has been a feature for several years now. I assumed early on that vibration would eventually be integrated into remote play, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to do so. Does...
  6. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  7. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  8. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  9. 2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?: Hello everybody! I think that should be not ignored by Microsoft, even not a year later, i want to bring this up again. I would wish connect and bring all devices and games together. Thank you....
  10. why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?: hi,my remote play is working when the laptop is connected to the same wifi as the xbox but as soon as i go somewhere else and use a different wifi remote play doesn't work on the laptop. any...