Why is my refund request denied

Discus and support Why is my refund request denied in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I did every thing required and it still got denied please help me d1c1b0d1-78ed-43b0-8885-85a5035b33b0 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Frank Saea, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Frank Saea
    Frank Saea Guest

I did every thing required and it still got denied please help me

:)

Frank Saea, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Frank, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If your refund has been denied, please reply to the email you received informing you of the refund rejection. In your response, explain in detail the reasons why they should reconsider their decision and why you believe they should accept it. This is the only way to appeal the rejection and to get back in touch with the team that originally handled your refund request.

In case you haven't received any email informing you of the refund rejection even after 24 hours, and after checking your spam/junk email folder, then I recommend reapplying for the refund using this alternative link:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If your refund is denied again this time, you should now receive an email informing you of the denial, as this is the only way they have to communicate this information when the refund is requested through that link. When you receive the email, respond to it as I mentioned before.

Please note that in this public community forum, we are just players like you trying to assist and guide other players. This means we don't have access to other accounts or access to refund information of other users.

Thank you for your understanding, and I wish you good luck.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Why was my refund request denied?

No problem, it's a pleasure to try to help.

If you submit the refund request through the previous link, it's likely that the refund will be denied again. However, in most cases when you use that specific link the decision is communicated through email, so you shouldn't encounter any issues when responding to the email once it arrives. Please be aware that the response time can be up to a maximum of 72 hours, but it typically doesn't take that long. Your patience is appreciated.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Ryan, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you.

If your refund was denied then please respond to the email they sent you informing you of the refund rejection, explaining in detail the reason why they should reconsider their decision. This is the only way to appeal the rejection and get back in touch with the team that originally handled your refund request.

Keep in mind that certain requirements must be met, which are that you have not played the game for more than 2 hours and that no more than 14 days have passed since you made the purchase. If you left the game open while you were away, the playing time continues to accumulate, and that may have been the reason for the rejection. Explain this in your email response.

I wish you good luck.

Best regards.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

I bought a game 2 days ago and I accidentally bought the wrong version so about 4 hours after I bought the game, I posted a refund request and it was denied. I believe the reason was because I had the game open for too long but it was because I had forgot to close the game when I left my house. I emailed the Xbox support team about the situation but have yet to get a reply. Can someone help?
    Youd have to reply to the denial email you got. Thats the only way to potentially have them change their mind.

That being said if you had the game open too long then that could be why the refund was denied. The general consensus is less than 2 hours played (the game just sitting open would count) and purchased less than two weeks ago.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Why my refund request was denied ?

Hi again Logan,

I can't give you an exact time, but it might usually take a couple of days, depending on their workload. I recommend waiting at least 72 hours.

Once again I appreciate your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Why is my refund request denied - Similar Threads - Why refund request

2. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f
  3. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  4. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  5. Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have I been granted a refund, but on my purchase page it doesn’t come up as refunded?: It’s been nearly a month since I was granted a refund and I am owed just over £60. I have asked these types of questions before, but no one has helped. I need a one on one conversation on how I...
  6. Why my request for refund is denied?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my request for refund is denied?: Why my request for refund is denied? 5f2b1ecf-39d8-4e1a-9fd1-13995bf9e6ab
  7. Why can't I request a refund for mw3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I request a refund for mw3?: I bought it, then tried it out and was dissatisfied with the game. I went to look for the refund button but it wasn't there this time and I tried looking for help and it told me to go to my...
  8. Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I submitted a refund request it said a have made to many request this year when I...: So when I check the refund requests it says declined why I have never refunded a game and also I read over people’s requests it says that they got an email about there refund but I did not This...
  9. Why has my refund limit been reached when I haven't requested one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my refund limit been reached when I haven't requested one?: My 3 year old son accidentally purchased a digital game and in game currency. I requested to have it refunded within the hour it was purchased and it was denied saying that I had reached the max...
  10. Why am I not getting money back from approved refund requests?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not getting money back from approved refund requests?: I bought a few items last night and I refunded them this morning and all of the refund requests were approved but when I go check my money on my Xbox, the money is not there. Why is that?...