Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?

Discus and support Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m having a bit of an issue with my gaming pc. Whenever I launch a game (eg. Fortnite) my monitor... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saiushan Naidoo, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m having a bit of an issue with my gaming pc. Whenever I launch a game (eg. Fortnite) my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on. It only happens on heavy games like Fortnite and Genshin Imapact but there’s no issue when I run a game like Minecraft. So I thought it was a power supply issue since my power supply is 500w and my rtx 3050 recommends a 550w power supply. However I just discovered that when I decrease my monitors native resolution from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080, the games launch for a few minutes and everything seems to working fine until the monitor loses signal again. I’ve tried everything from updating the graphics drivers, cleaning and reseating RAM, reseating graphics card, uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers. I am confused whether it’s a power supply issue since Minecraft (a low powered game) can run fine OR it’s a resolution issue since the games can launch for a few minutes at a lower resolution but then the monitor loses signal. Please help me .

Specifications

Amd ryzen 5 3400G

ASUS dual rtx 3050 8gb OC

Monitor: ASUS TUF vg27aq 144hz

Power supply : FSP 500w

:)

Saiushan Naidoo, Jun 29, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?