Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

Discus and support Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EddieBR, Mar 31, 2024.

1. EddieBR
    EddieBR Guest

Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t know how to fix it. I switched to a different monitor for a few days and switched back to my Samsung monitor Odyssey and now I can’t connect back to it with my xbox. I’ve tried switching power cables and hdmi cables and nothing seems to be working.

:)

EddieBR, Mar 31, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I fix it?

Hi, EddieBR! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

May I ask if you have already tried resetting your console's display settings? like this:

• If there's a disc in your console, eject it.
    • On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    • Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.
    You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

*Note: If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition or an Xbox Series S, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low-resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

This process can be a bit tricky to get right on the first try, so I'd suggest trying it at least twice.

----------------

If this doesn't work, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    - Besides the TV/monitor, do you have any external devices plugged into your console?
    - Is your console still working with the other monitor?
    - Besides "Standby mode", are you seeing "No signal", "Unsupported mode", or a similar message on your screen?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. wvu76 Win User

XBOX One won't pass surround sound through HDMI Pass through..

Doesn't the xbox one stay in a sleep mode when powered down? Meaning low power standby? If my receiver can pass through the hdmi signal in standby why wouldn't the xbox do the same thing?
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox One and HDMI switch

hdmi switch is not the way to go, but a hdmi splitter that then splits the source hdmi to 2 outputs, i use one to my monitor and to the big screen, basically clones the image so the resolution has to be set accordingly.

my monitor is 1080p and tv 4k, so when i switch the monitor on i change the xbox res on the tv to what the monitor is and then carry on playing.
  5. Puma Kane Win User

XBOX One won't pass surround sound through HDMI Pass through..

[quote user="wvu76"]

Doesn't the xbox one stay in a sleep mode when powered down? Meaning low power standby? If my receiver can pass through the hdmi signal in standby why wouldn't the xbox do the same thing?

[/quote]You maybe good then. I would try it with the cable box and see.
  6. Wilkinho72 Win User

Xbox One standby mode.

I'm having the exact same issue. I don't know if my Xbox is in standby mode, or how to put it in standby mode, but when I say, "Xbox on", nothing happens. I think I may be shutting it all the way off when I turn it off but I don't know how to not do that.
    That also means that hdmi won't pass through, so I have to reach for the xbox controller when I just want to watch television.
Thema:

1. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I... - Similar Threads - Why monitor going

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  4. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  5. why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc?: hi, whenever i open my pc my monitor goes all black apart from the top bit. i cant seem to find the fix. i tried to do a ddu but that didnt work so now im stuck, idk what to do plz help,....
  6. Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?: Recently I have been having issues with the audio on my computer. My headphones (Soundcore space one) were working just fine plugged into my Dell S2721HGF. The next time I turned on my computer,...
  7. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  8. Why cant i hear sound from my monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i hear sound from my monitor: I connected my xbox series x to my monitor via hdmi and i cant hear any sound is there any way to fix this? My monitor is the hp pavilion aa00364a-0db3-4000-b8e0-de84e35d4c58
  9. Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...: I just recently bought the Koorui 27 inch non-curved 1440p 144hz monitor. I understand that games for the Xbox series s only go up to 1440p @120fps, and was wondering why it’s telling me the my...
  10. Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?: Hi. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m having a bit of an issue with my gaming pc. Whenever I launch a game (eg. Fortnite) my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on. It only happens...