why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc?

Discus and support why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, whenever i open my pc my monitor goes all black apart from the top bit. i cant seem to find the fix. i tried to do a ddu but that didnt work so now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lucas Li2, Feb 11, 2024.

1. lucas Li2
    lucas Li2 Guest

hi, whenever i open my pc my monitor goes all black apart from the top bit. i cant seem to find the fix. i tried to do a ddu but that didnt work so now im stuck, idk what to do plz help,.

:)

lucas Li2, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, lucas L. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, it could be a hardware issue. So if you allow me, what I could recommend is getting your screen inspected by a technician to discard this possibility.

Please note that we're not able to assist with self-repairs because it's not allowed in the forums.

Thanks for your kindness and understanding.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Badger Gravling Win User

Are you ready to get DOOM-ed?

My memories of Doom are friends laughing at the fact I'd jump back in my seat opening a door when I first played it on PC in the 90's, and then having to pack up my 486 PC and monitor, drive to a friends house, and spend an hour playing with ethernet cards
    and cables so we could play multiplayer, with 4 of us all fitting our PCs onto one dining room table...

Makes me thankful for online multiplayer everytime I play...
  4. HattersYCFC Win User

Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

So why did I not have this problem with my old monitor? Even on 1080p with both monitors at 120HZ, it’s only the BenQ monitor that is black screening.
  5. ShadowDragonX18 Win User

My reward points is missing

so half of what you say was right because when I checked my star progress on the 16th it was at 89 percent and now when I check it was 8 percent and you said it restarted on January 1st so why did it change my progress that was made after you guys updated
    the right progress in which put it at 89 percent so you guys need to put my progress back to the correct 89 percent progress
  6. smileskybird Win User

I game on Xbox One.........

I do 90 percent of my gaming on xbox three sixty. Despite having 13 xbox 1 games. Sunny monday here :DD
Thema:

1. why is my monitor going 90 percent black when i open my pc? - Similar Threads - why monitor going

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  4. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?: Recently I have been having issues with the audio on my computer. My headphones (Soundcore space one) were working just fine plugged into my Dell S2721HGF. The next time I turned on my computer,...
  7. If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have a 144hz monitor with a 1.4 port and also a 1.4 hdmi cable why does my screen go...: Hi, so I have a monitor which supports 144hz I believe it is 1.4 port and I also have a 1.4 hdmi I’m trying to enable the 120hz option on the Xbox one s which it does come up however when I click...
  8. Why cant i hear sound from my monitor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i hear sound from my monitor: I connected my xbox series x to my monitor via hdmi and i cant hear any sound is there any way to fix this? My monitor is the hp pavilion aa00364a-0db3-4000-b8e0-de84e35d4c58
  9. Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to play 1440p120fps with a monitor that supports it and I have a hdmi 2.1...: I just recently bought the Koorui 27 inch non-curved 1440p 144hz monitor. I understand that games for the Xbox series s only go up to 1440p @120fps, and was wondering why it’s telling me the my...
  10. Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my monitor losing signal when launching a game?: Hi. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m having a bit of an issue with my gaming pc. Whenever I launch a game (eg. Fortnite) my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on. It only happens...