Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed?

Discus and support Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Jurassic World DLC in Minecraft for Xbox 1. After about a week of playing it, it now shows as locked, as well as all other DLC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thomas Kolbinger, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed?

I recently purchased the Jurassic World DLC in Minecraft for Xbox 1. After about a week of playing it, it now shows as locked, as well as all other DLC I have purchased. The files no longer show up in the app+add on info section either. Now if I want to access my old save files, made with the DLC I bought, I have to repurchase the DLC all over again. I didn't change my username or any profile info, nothing changed at all other than me losing my licenses to the DLC.

:)

Thomas Kolbinger, Oct 6, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Thomas! My name is David, in charge of helping you today

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the DLC you purchased for Minecraft, the first thing you should do is check that your console's operating system is updated.

Keep in mind that many times consoles do not update automatically if it is disconnected from the Xbox service or if the console is in power saving mode

Verify that the console is updated by pressing the Xbox button to open the guide, and select Profile & system > Settings.
    Select System > Console Information.
    Your OS and Shell versions are in the second column.

Remember that the current version of the operating system is: 10.0.25398.1762 (xb_flt_2308zn.230831-1430)

Best regards, David.
  3. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

DLCs that have achievements should remain available.

the reason why most dlc gets removed from the store is due to licensing rights if the rights end then the developer is required to make a new contract with the people they are licensing the stuff from or remove the game/dlc from the store
  4. Smwutches Win User

DLC use on Multiple Consoles Quesion

Moving the licenses will not lock the original console out of the DLC. It will remove the licenses from the original console meaning that only your gamertag will be able to access the DLC on that console as long as you are signed into Live. Your account
    can redownload the content on any console you want to. Once you do the license transfer, the content should work the same as it does now, just on the new console.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure about your Mass Effect question, but hopefully someone else can answer that for sure.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

license transfer issue.

... i can't renew the licenses by re-downloading the dlc (due to it being removed from the store entirely). I can no longer access the dlc at all, even though the dlc data is on my hard drive.
    Unfortunately, in order for the License Transfer to work, you will have to ask your console to re-download the DLC. If the content is still on your harddrive, and the content is still available as a download, the console will simply download the updated
    license file to allow offline play.

However, if the publisher has removed the content entirely (usually, it's just delisted from the store, but you can still download it), then there is nothing you can do, I'm afraid.

You'd have to ask the publisher of the game if the DLC is still available for owners that bought the DLC, or if it was removed entirely.
  6. MrSinV1 Win User

license transfer issue.

it was purchased with my account. it was bought and downloaded on my old console. That console broke, so i bought a new one. the dlc is on my hard drive. since i can't renew the licenses by re-downloading the dlc (due to it being removed from the store entirely).
    I can no longer access the dlc at all, even though the dlc data is on my hard drive.
Thema:

1. Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed? - Similar Threads - Why Minecraft DLC

2. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  3. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  4. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  5. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  6. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  7. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  8. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  9. Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates: Plz help why does minecraft 3ds not get updates 84a5c3e4-6b97-4bc5-8702-59eed95cb908
  10. why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times: why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times d3c29a17-9299-4fab-95eb-9905a12babaf