Why is my Minecraft account not letting me set it as active?

Discus and support Why is my Minecraft account not letting me set it as active? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I took a break over a course of a few months off of Minecraft, and after I tried to play it again it said I hadn't bought it. But then, I looked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A- Zh, Dec 28, 2023.

1. A- Zh
    A- Zh Guest

So I took a break over a course of a few months off of Minecraft, and after I tried to play it again it said I hadn't bought it. But then, I looked into my accounts and found my other account that had Minecraft on it. It gave me the option to set it as active, but once I did, it just sent my to the sign-in screen. So basically, I can't use my Minecraft account for the time being, I hope someone is able to help.

:)

A- Zh, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Thank you! Happy New Year.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

4. Allanaxo Win User

I migrated my Minecraft account but it's telling me to re-buy it

Gerardo C. independent advisor, shows that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps: "Go to your Minecraft Launcher settings. Click on accounts, whatever is below, delete everything, first try Mojang and then try Microsoft. After you log in, you will be prompted that it is active. Then you have Click on the Java addition in the left corner and click play.
    Hi, I did this and it hasn't worked, it didn't let me login through Mojang and when I logged in using my Microsoft account, it says to play demo. In the accounts, it says its active. I no longer have access to the allqna account, which was my Minecraft account but rather the one in the screenshot above that wasn't active and as far as I was aware, wasn't even a minecraft account I had.
  5. sasrutolee Win User

Account suspension, but xbox enforcement says i am in perfect standing

my biggest question is, why in the heck did it LET ME purchase the game pass when IT KNEW i was suspended... take my money and not let me use the service, classic scam microsoft... get your peoples to program it so accounts with an ACTIVE SUSPENSION CANNOT
    PURCHASE
  6. Billybob008 Win User

Why isn't Minecraft seeing that my Microsoft account has purchased Minecraft after a password reset?

Thanks for getting back to me, but that isn't my problem, I think my old Minecraft account has been overwritten with a new one when I reset my password.

Something I noticed on a different computer that used to have my old gamertag account logged in. Was that the new gamertag that doesn't own Minecraft said "active", and the old, good account didn't have "active" and when I clicked the 3 dots to open a drop down menu for the account it said "Set as active." but when I clicked that and typed in the credentials for the account it said "welcome _____________" where the blank is the new, bad gamertag. Which brings me back to a point that I mentioned in my first post, my old Minecraft account I think has been overwritten with a new one when I reset my password.

I have tried a lot of things, but I think the only was to fix this is if there is a way that somebody can access my old account and re-establish it as the main one linked to my Microsoft account.

I have also contacted Minecraft support and am waiting for a response.
Thema:

1. Why is my Minecraft account not letting me set it as active? - Similar Threads - Why Minecraft account

2. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  3. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  4. My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account says that I have not bought Minecraft and I am wondering why I have to...: My entire childhood was Minecraft and I wanted to play some more for nostalgia but logging in has shown that I apparently do not own it. Not sure what is going on but I am frustrated. I am 100%...
  5. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...
  6. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  7. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  8. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  9. Why do I have to re-link my Microsoft account, Minecraft on ps5?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have to re-link my Microsoft account, Minecraft on ps5?: I'm having an issue where every time I turn on my ps5 and load Minecraft I have to re-link my Microsoft account. It's been this way since about 6 months after I got the system, and was never an...
  10. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...