Why is my Microsoft Store loading but ultimately failing?

Discus and support Why is my Microsoft Store loading but ultimately failing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently been trying to bypass an issue with Minecraft where my game is incompatible with the launcher. I was prompted on my old launcher to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Linda Bette, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Linda Bette
    Linda Bette Guest

I have recently been trying to bypass an issue with Minecraft where my game is incompatible with the launcher. I was

prompted on my old launcher to update/install the new one, and it redirected me to the Microsoft Store with a message saying "We are having trouble connecting to the Microsoft Store right now."

It says that I own both Minecraft and the Minecraft Launcher, and only prompts me with a large blue button that says "Install." However, when I click on it, the button greys out for up to 2 minutes, (seemingly loading) then it goes back to the blue color without any popup window or other prompt.

I have tried uninstalling the old version of the launcher, clearing the Microsoft Store's cache, resetting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the store, running the troubleshooter, doing Windows updates on my whole computer, pursuing the app through the Xbox app, deleting apps from my computer (in hopes to free storage space) and have gone around in circles trying to get the app to download.

Because Minecraft.net is seeming to have a problem connecting, I've begun to think it is an issue with the store.

I'd be grateful for any help!

:)

Linda Bette, Jul 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Linda Bette,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues with the Microsoft Store and Xbox App, let me see how I can assist you with your concern.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps to try and fix the issue.

Troubleshoot Gaming Services

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot Microsoft Store

Method 1:

Make sure your Windows OS is up to date.

Method 2:

Make sure the date and time are set correctly

Method 3:

Make sure you have enough storage

you can also try changing the download location.

Method 4:

Open Run

Type the command below

[table][tr]
    ms-windows-store://home
    [/tr][/table]
    This will open the Microsoft Store interface.

Click on the action icon or the 3 dots on the upper right corner

Click on Download and Updates

Then Get Updates

Restart computer then check if you can download the game

Method 5:

Open Command Prompt with admin

Type the command below

[table][tr]
    wsreset.exe
    [/tr][/table]
    Restart PC then test.

Method 6:

Open a new Windows Terminal as an Administrator (Press Windows+X and Select Windows Terminal Admin).

Select the Command Prompt or PowerShell profile from the down arrow chevron menu.

Type the command below.

[table][tr]
    sfc /scannow
    [/tr][/table]
    Wait for the scan to complete.

If there's no errors, you can close the console now.

If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:

[table][tr]
    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    [/tr][/table]
    Restart the computer and run scan again.

[table][tr]
    sfc /scannow
    [/tr][/table]

See: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

This article may also be helpful: Minecraft Launcher Troubleshooting FAQ | Minecraft Help

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. CmdrDenis Win User

Gears of War 5 Ultimate edition not playable on Xbox with xbox game pass ultimate

I got retail version ultimate gears 5.

1) no earlyaccess

2) dlc verified by microsoft store never gotten even to today sep 18-2019 , and no customers support. Got games for me and my staff.

3) microsoft told accelerated to why no dlc gotten. But failed got missdirected to thecoalitionstudio.com and got many tickets and no dlc and no replies as to why all microsoft levels from studio to customer services services failed again , consistantly
    from desasters of fallout 76 to now gears 5 ultimate from microsoft store fails to send to my xbox one x content.
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Fail loading in the Microsoft Store

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble downloading Minecraft from the store. Have you already purchased it through Mojang, or are you looking to purchase and download it?

You can try downloading the Minecraft Launcher which has access to Minecraft for Windows, Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft Dungeons all in one launcher.

I recommend checking this article: Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device Then scroll down to Still having problem and follow the steps to reinstall the game services

Regards,

Hayabusa
  6. gapch12 Win User

Maps dissapeared

Same here. Will not load from the app. But I can go to Xbox app, click on Word app, it will open in the store where I can click play and play through that way. Otherwise it appears the app for Microsoft Ultimate Word Games can't find the internet even
    tho my avatar loads.
Thema:

1. Why is my Microsoft Store loading but ultimately failing? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft Store

2. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...
  6. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  7. why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?: why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop? 39b0e822-fa54-4a0f-bc08-70f54e57bd9a
  8. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  9. Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?: Recently i tried updating whatsapp and found out that it isnt working, After that,i have tried installing anything else which also did not work. i have tried every solution i could find, which all...
  10. why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?: I used website roblox before, but it doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, so I switched for Microsoft site roblox but I have seen some glitches, such as even when I put in first person or...