why is my keyboard not working on minecraft?

Discus and support why is my keyboard not working on minecraft? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; im trying to play minecraft with my keyboard and mouse i have them both plugged in the mouse works and the keyboard has the lights on but when i go on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by benn doverr, Jan 25, 2024.

1. benn doverr
    benn doverr Guest

im trying to play minecraft with my keyboard and mouse i have them both plugged in the mouse works and the keyboard has the lights on but when i go on minecraft none of the keys on the keyboard do anything at all but the mouse works on the game and i cant find anything anywhere that is helping me with this i restarted the xbox i unplugged and plugged back in i dont know what to do please help me!

:)

benn doverr, Jan 25, 2024
  2. Celine Cronier Win User

My keyboard won't work

I don't know why but like sudently my keyboard dont work on fortnite it do that when i was switching keyboard but my new mouse work fine on the game menu and in game
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Keyboards

It will work straight away for text input during messaging and the likes.

Every time the Xbox would show a virtual keyboard on the screen for text input, the keyboard will work.

As for games, the game has to be specifically made to support keyboards.

Not all games are able to use keyboards.

For example Fortnite and Minecraft are popular examples for games that work with an USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
  4. Кирилл БахРWin User

Minecraft Bedrock Windows 10 Edition can't find my keyboard. What to do?

Please open the on-screen keyboard:
    - Go to Start > Search and click on on-screen keyboard.
    - Then, please open Minecraft in window mode (not fullscreen) and see if you can play it using the on-screen keyboard.

This will let us know if this is an issue with Minecraft not recognizing keyboard inputs or if this is an issue with your particular keyboard (maybe the driver).
    I don't know how, but Minecraft automatically got fixed without censoring keyboard. Thanks for answering my question.
  5. regnille-D1E3C474-68 Win User

Xbox one chatpad.

Why aren't more people just using a usb Keyboard. I have a wireless USB Keyboard I leave plugged into my one. Works great.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?

thanks for responding. Thats my point, I have a keyboard and bluetooth adapter, but the adapter isnt powered when put in the Xbox, but fine on the PC.
    That's because BT keyboards don't work. Not all wireless keyboards are Bluetooth.

Logitech wiress keyboards for example work on Xbox, they use their own direct wireless protocol, this isn't Bluetooth.

These keyboards are already paired to the receiver dongle. That's why they just work, BT ones don't.
Thema:

1. why is my keyboard not working on minecraft? - Similar Threads - why keyboard working

2. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  3. Why wont my Akko keyboard pair with my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Akko keyboard pair with my xbox: My keyboard wont connect with mu xbox for some reason can anyone help ? 00b1d637-3346-42bb-94aa-1cb1d36a215d
  4. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  5. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  6. Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox): My keyboard was working very well until recently. I woke up one morning, and my keyboard no longer works in games. On the Xbox menu, I can navigate and use the Enter key as an action, but as soon...
  7. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  8. Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One: I have a wired keyboard I like to use for my Xbox one, it has worked in the past fine but has started to give me issues as of late. Whenever I plug it in via usb the leds on the keyboard do light...
  9. why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?: for some reason for the last few days my keyboard will randomly stop working 5 minutes after I just started playing, when I unplug my keyboard and plug it back in it works again for another 5...
  10. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working: I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some...