Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox)

Discus and support Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My keyboard was working very well until recently. I woke up one morning, and my keyboard no longer works in games. On the Xbox menu, I can navigate and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jack pronovost, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox)

My keyboard was working very well until recently. I woke up one morning, and my keyboard no longer works in games. On the Xbox menu, I can navigate and use the Enter key as an action, but as soon as I enter a game, the keyboard does not respond. I tried rebooting the console, but without success. I tried several other keyboards, and they all do the same thing. I can navigate through the menus, but I can't play. I see the key options on the screen as if it knows a keyboard is connected, but I can't do anything.

:)

jack pronovost, Feb 17, 2024
  2. jack pronovost Win User

I’m so sorry , I didn’t mention which Xbox I’m playing on! I’m playing on an Xbox series X. Will the step be the same?

Ty so much for your fast response !
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Jack,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, doing a search on the internet I found that the independent advisor Ulises F. has a solution, I will leave him his information so that he can find out about the solution.

He tries to do an offline reset, loading the system via USB.
    Download this file:

http://www.xbox.com/xboxone/osu1
    You will need a pendrive with at least 8GB capacity, you will have to format it on your PC with NTFS format.

Once you have downloaded the file, unzip it and copy the folder
    $SystemUpdate in the root directory of the external drive (it is important that it is in the root directory and there must also be no other files on the pendrive).

Connect the USB, enter the troubleshooter and now choose the option to update offline.

To enter the Troubleshooter, follow these steps.
    1.- Disconnect the console from the power for a few minutes.

2.- Try connecting to another outlet in your house.

3.-While it is off, press and hold the SYNC/LINK button (this button is the one we use to link controls/controls)
    and the EJECT/EJECT button (this button is the one we use to remove the discs, in the all digital edition or S series perform the process skipping
    this button), and without releasing them press and release the Xbox button (power on the front of the console) on the console.

-Continue to hold the LINK/SYNC and EJECT/EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. until you hear two ringtones
    "switched on". You can release the LINK and EJECT buttons after the second power-on tone.
    The console should turn on and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/4dcc6237-11c5-46bd-a3c0-113a9a905aff

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

why cant my keyboard work in games anymore

Hi Kevin, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please, try power cycling the console.

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Let me know if it works!
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Keyboard and mouse.. WHEN!???

Why would Bill Gates care about what happens on the Xbox console, he doesn't work at Microsoft anymore.

Until Microsoft do implement mouse and keyboard onto the Xbox One, you could just use one of these.

Keymander mouse and keyboard on consoles
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

No power to the USB on XBox One S to connect wireless keyboard?

thanks for responding. Thats my point, I have a keyboard and bluetooth adapter, but the adapter isnt powered when put in the Xbox, but fine on the PC.
    That's because BT keyboards don't work. Not all wireless keyboards are Bluetooth.

Logitech wiress keyboards for example work on Xbox, they use their own direct wireless protocol, this isn't Bluetooth.

These keyboards are already paired to the receiver dongle. That's why they just work, BT ones don't.
Thema:

1. Why is my keyboard not working anymore? (On Xbox) - Similar Threads - Why keyboard working

2. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  3. Why wont my Akko keyboard pair with my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Akko keyboard pair with my xbox: My keyboard wont connect with mu xbox for some reason can anyone help ? 00b1d637-3346-42bb-94aa-1cb1d36a215d
  4. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  5. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  6. why is my keyboard not working on minecraft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my keyboard not working on minecraft?: im trying to play minecraft with my keyboard and mouse i have them both plugged in the mouse works and the keyboard has the lights on but when i go on minecraft none of the keys on the keyboard do...
  7. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  8. Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my keyboard work with my Xbox One: I have a wired keyboard I like to use for my Xbox one, it has worked in the past fine but has started to give me issues as of late. Whenever I plug it in via usb the leds on the keyboard do light...
  9. why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?: for some reason for the last few days my keyboard will randomly stop working 5 minutes after I just started playing, when I unplug my keyboard and plug it back in it works again for another 5...
  10. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working: I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some...