Why is my invite To game greyed out?

Discus and support Why is my invite To game greyed out? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Someone123NS, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Someone123NS
    Someone123NS Guest

When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way

Oh and also I can’t see any invite notifications

:)

Someone123NS, Mar 27, 2024
  2. DeJuan273 Win User

Friend can't join xbox live party or game invite.

why invite to game grey out?
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Someone123NS,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Someone123NS,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

There could be several reasons why the "Invite to game" button is greyed out and you can't see any invite notifications. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure that you and your friend are both signed in to Xbox Live and are online.

2. Check if the game you are playing supports multiplayer and invites.

3. Ensure that your Windows 11 is up to date with the latest updates.

4. Try restarting the game and the Xbox app.

5. Check your network connection and make sure that it is stable.

6. Try resetting the Xbox app by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset.

You may also check your online safety and privacy settings and make adjustment with your settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click Privacy
    • Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    • Select Friends or Everyone then click submit.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Vorpal1986 Win User

Invite to game greyed out

6. jack-somers Win User

Invite to game greyed out

Hi, not original poster,

But having exact same issue, i have power cycled, i have restarted, i have unplugged it for half hour (read somewhere that this helped with clearing caches, no idea if true but thought worth a shot, if you could confirm that to be true or not that would
    also be handy!), I have changed networks, done everything i can think of,

Any help would be appreciated as this means i can no longer play anything with friends unless its through sheer luck of dropping into their world or game....
Thema:

1. Why is my invite To game greyed out? - Similar Threads - Why invite game

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  4. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  5. why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times: why is my invite button on minecraft gray and I signed in multiple times d3c29a17-9299-4fab-95eb-9905a12babaf
  6. It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that: Why does it say I’m suspended 5eba4a90-622b-4058-96df-0bec399b10bb
  7. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  8. why is my invite to game not working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is my invite to game not working?: I've tried to invite my friend to roblox on my xbox one and it is greying out, I've tested my NAT type and my multiplayer and resetted my xbox and its still not working it's been going on for a...
  9. Why can't I invite everyone to game

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I invite everyone to game: When I am in a party on my Xbox series X and I go to invite everyone to game it is grayed out And so is invite to game my NAT type is open and I have power cycled my console and router but nothing...
  10. Why I can't invite my friends and see my friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why I can't invite my friends and see my friends: I have added Xbox friends to my friend. When he is playing Minecraft, I cannot see him in the game, nor can I invite others. Even though all my privacy settings are set to Allow, it still doesn't...