why is my headset chat mixer greyed out

Discus and support why is my headset chat mixer greyed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why is my headset chat mixer greyed out i have a palm beach playstation headset it was working with my old headset but not with this one the chat mixer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ashten Frady, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Ashten Frady
    Ashten Frady Guest

why is my headset chat mixer greyed out i have a palm beach playstation headset it was working with my old headset but not with this one the chat mixer is greyed out

:)

Ashten Frady, Dec 18, 2023
  2. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
  3. Aayan Khan Win User

The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?

Hi,

my headset is plugged into the controller but it wont let me do anything to the chat mixer and the chatmixer bit is greyed out.
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hi Ashten F, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your headset chat mixer. The chat mixer being greyed out could be due to a few reasons. One possibility is that the headset is not connected or compatible with the system that you are attempting to use it with. Another possibility is that the headset is out of range from your console, or another electronic device might be causing interference with your wireless router. You can try resetting your headset or turning your wireless router off and then on again to see if that helps.

I hope this helps.
    Adam.
  5. BatchSnr Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Chat Mixer not working

Thank you for that. Unfortunately it hasnt worked. I still cant hear any game chat, and the chat mixer is still greyed out.

I should point out that if I plug my wired headset into my wireless controller, I can hear chat.
  6. DimPeachTree Win User

Headset chat mixer greyed out

Had the same issue recently, however i found that slowly plugging in the aux works sometimes. However Ive been having this issue for almost a week now and its working less often. Definitely a temporary fix but a fix nonetheless
Thema:

1. why is my headset chat mixer greyed out - Similar Threads - why headset chat

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  4. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  5. Why is the headset chat mixer locked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the headset chat mixer locked?: I've tried restarting and resetting my xbox however it is still locked. I have already tried googling some solutions, but had no luck. I have tried my headset and another pair of earphones, and...
  6. Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?: This happened recently and I have tried everything to fix it, including updating my controller but it does nothing at all. I even tried using a different headset, Same problem. I want to be able...
  7. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  8. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  9. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...
  10. Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?: It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move. efdbb4ec-9132-48db-8aa2-6209f598a8f9