Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Discus and support Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This happened recently and I have tried everything to fix it, including updating my controller but it does nothing at all. I even tried using a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jake Heinaman, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

This happened recently and I have tried everything to fix it, including updating my controller but it does nothing at all. I even tried using a different headset, Same problem. I want to be able to hear things in my headsets without having to use remote play or have the TV volume on.

:)

Jake Heinaman, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Jake Heinaman Win User

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you see an icon of Microphone being cross out it would mean that the volume of your microphone is muted. Can you check for any settings of your headset to increase the volume? You can refer to the manual of your headset on how to adjust the volume.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

4. Jake Heinaman Win User

Thank you for the clarification on that icon but the headphones I use are small wired earbuds that I connect directly to the controller so there are no buttons except for 1 that I have no idea what it does. The headphones I use are wired onn. earbuds if that helps in anyway
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jake,

Thank you for getting back with the thread and truly apologized for some delay in my end.

Here the steps that we can perform:

1. Check your NAT type:

• Open Settings > General > Network settings.
    • You can look beside your settings to your current network status to check your NAT type. If this doesn’t show, select Test NAT Type.
    • It will take up to a minute to check the connection. When it completes, it will show your NAT type.
    • Let us know the result.
    2. Check your privacy settings

• Open Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety.
    • Select Xbox privacy.
    • Select View details & customize.
    • Select Communication & multiplayer.
    • Verify that you are allowed to join multiplayer games, join crossplay, communicate with others and that others are allowed to communicate with you. Across the board, these settings should be set to: Allow, Allow, Everybody, Everybody.
    3. Adjust Chat Preferences.

• Open Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    • Select Party chat output.
    • Select Headset & speakers.
    • Select Change volume with voice by and adjust it to 10 steps
    4. Power Cycle Your console.

• Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds, and then unplug the console's power cable and wait 10 seconds. Plug the power cable back in, and then press the Xbox button on the front of your console to turn it back on.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jake Heinaman,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

You can try re-associating your controller with your profile. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system.
    2. Select Add or switch and select your profile.

Additionally, to adjust the chat mixer settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
    2. Select Additional options > Chat mixer, and then choose one of the options.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out? - Similar Threads - Why Headset Chat

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  4. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  5. why is my headset chat mixer greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my headset chat mixer greyed out: why is my headset chat mixer greyed out i have a palm beach playstation headset it was working with my old headset but not with this one the chat mixer is greyed out...
  6. Why is the headset chat mixer locked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the headset chat mixer locked?: I've tried restarting and resetting my xbox however it is still locked. I have already tried googling some solutions, but had no luck. I have tried my headset and another pair of earphones, and...
  7. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  8. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  9. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...
  10. Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?: It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move. efdbb4ec-9132-48db-8aa2-6209f598a8f9