Why is my game missing after migrating accounts from Mojang to Microsoft?

Discus and support Why is my game missing after migrating accounts from Mojang to Microsoft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back in October of 2021, I migrated my Mojang account over to Microsoft. Everything seemed to go well, and I was able to play Minecraft with no issues.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by R. S. 97, Aug 22, 2023.

1. R. S. 97
    R. S. 97 Guest

Back in October of 2021, I migrated my Mojang account over to Microsoft. Everything seemed to go well, and I was able to play Minecraft with no issues. Flash forward to today, and Minecraft won't let me log in. The Mojang Login option says my account has been migrated, yet the Microsoft Login option says there's no Microsoft account associated with that email. (And before anyone asks, YES it was the correct email.) I thought "hmm, that's weird, maybe I just didn't set upmy account when I migrated. " So I created a Microsoft account using that SAME email, which was the one I migrated with, and now when I log in to Microsoft, it says I don't own Minecraft.

I've spent a week with both Mojang and Microsoft support. Mojang said it wasn't their problem, and told me to contact Microsoft. Microsoft said it wasn't their problem, and told me to contact Mojang....who passed the buck, yet again, back to Microsoft.

I'm so fed up with this **** and I'd happily find a pirated copy of the game if I would be able to get content updates. I've had this game for 10+ years, and to now have Microsoft screwing me over wanting me to pay for it again is infuriating, to say the least. I recieved it as a gift and don't have the product key anymore, so I'm really out of options.

Does ANYONE know how I can restore the purchase, or recover my correct account info so my purchase shows up?

:)

R. S. 97, Aug 22, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello R.S how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

I understand your frustration well, here on the forum we are ordinary people just like you, we don't work for Microsoft or Mojan.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to solve this problem, since the two companies responsible for Minecraft are unable to help you.
  3. andreibakos Win User

Cannot use/play Minecraft with Mojang account - Java Edition

hi Ricardo,

Thanks a lot but I know how how to reset my Microsoft account and this is not the problem and of course I've tried this option.

Here is the timeline:

1) Minecraft JAVA Edition bought from minecraft.net

2) Game is working with Mojang account

3) Mojang accounts have to be migrated to Microsoft account ( system announcement)

4) Migration done

5) Game cannot be used using Microsoft account after migration

6) Game cannot be used using Mojang account after migration

7) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for help - response: we cannot help, please contact Microsoft as this now in hands of them

8) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for refund - please refund as I bought the game from you and it's not working

9) I'm not able to contact Microsoft for this problem - the only channel to get in touch with Microsoft is this community

Best regards,
  4. Jean Marais Win User

Microsoft account does not have minecraft anymore.

Originally I bought the game with a mojang account (This was back in 2016 I think)

I then changed the email for the mojang account.

then with the migration, I migrated it to my current microsoft account that is not related to any of the previous emails.

The migration was successful and I was able to play game.

I stopped playing for a while, but after trying to log in with the same microsoft account that worked previously, minecraft was not there anymore.

Since I bought it with a mojang account, there is no record of a purchase/transaction.
  5. StageCoa11 Win User

Access to Minecraft after accout migration

I'm having a similar problem. After migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, when I attempt to login using the Microsoft credentials, it shows up as a non-paid / demo account. I don't want to have to buy the game again. I wonder if it is possible the account was migrated to a different Microsoft account than the one I am using, but Mojang support cannot address that. I would love to be able to lookup what account name/email address my old Mojang account was migrated to.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft Java Edition nor Realms subscription available after the account migration

Ok, that's the part you need to figure out with Mojang support, as it's not a Microsoft account issue, as this has only 2 possible reasons, either you migralted to a Microsoft account and you are not choosing to login with Microsoft button on the launcher or using the correct Microsoft account, or you haven't migrated yet and you need to log in with your Mojang account still that could be same email that the Microsoft account you think you migrated to, but would be on a different server, most of the time the issue it's they are trying to log into Mojang accounts after migration instead of choosing log in with Microsoft, that's why they share that information
Thema:

1. Why is my game missing after migrating accounts from Mojang to Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Why game missing

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  4. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  5. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?: I am missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim for my game library. I know I specifically bought both. For some reason I still own the dlc just not the games. I own the "anniversary upgrade" in the market...
  8. Why is the "Game Pass" option missing in my PC client?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the "Game Pass" option missing in my PC client?: Hi all, I've noticed that the "Game Pass" option is missing entirely from the left-hand column of my PC client (see screenshot below). My subscription is active, and I can still download/launch...
  9. Why is my game missing the add-on I purchased years ago

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game missing the add-on I purchased years ago: My game add-on was removed by Microsoft and it's telling me to need to buy the add on again df6abac4-fd68-40df-8167-cef3c198b3b9
  10. Why does my game miss the language which is claimed to be available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game miss the language which is claimed to be available?: The Witcher 3 and AC Origins have no Russian language (neither text/audio) but both are claiming to have this one on the MS Store on my Xbox c950c4dc-84af-4e30-ad3f-45b7c0c7a9c7