Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting

Discus and support Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time I download something it will disconnect then reconnect once the thing I download stop it’s download or it will randomly disconnect then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wyatt Fegan, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Wyatt Fegan
    Wyatt Fegan Guest

Every time I download something it will disconnect then reconnect once the thing I download stop it’s download or it will randomly disconnect then reconnect while I’m mid game

:)

Wyatt Fegan, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Wyatt F, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are having this problem, with the intention of helping you I did a search on the internet and found a possible solution for you. If the drive is not detected, try a different port on the Xbox. If the drive is connected to a USB hub, try removing it from the hub and plugging it directly into the Xbox. If the drive still has problems, take it to a Windows machine and run Seatools for Windows on the drive.

For more information, you can access the following link:

https://www.seagate.com/support/kb/game-drive-for-xbox-one-setup-and-troubleshooting-006199en/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this information is useful to you, if you have any other questions, let me know, we will be happy to help you again.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. D filthy sloth Win User

xbox frozen to home screen

found out what the problem was (would have posted it up sooner only i forgot i posted here at all)

i have a 2tb external hard drive for extra space and it turns out this hard drive caused the trouble (the hard drive has since been sent away for repairs)

how i discovered it was by plugging the hard drive into my brothers xbox and it started having the same trouble as mine, my own xbox has been working perfectly since i kept the hard drive disconnected,

thought id post this here incase others end up having the issue, just disconnect any external hard drives and see how the xbox responds (turn xbox off when disconnecting the drives)

and if anyone is interested it was a seagate hard drive that failed (the hard drive was only ever used for the xbox and was just over a year old)
  4. David Xing Win User

Can't load games or manage games + error 0X8027025a

I have tried loading games both on the internal hard drive and external.

I've disconnected my hard drive and tried to load games that are stored internally and this hasn't fixed it.
  5. LJ Stark Win User

Error Message 0x80073D05 and Netflix

Before I start the reset, should I disconnect my external hard drive where most of my games are installed? Thanks!!!
  6. MustaffaMinge Win User

activity after update

Does anyone know why my xbox one after the update won't find my external hard drive
Thema:

1. Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting - Similar Threads - Why external hard

2. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...
  3. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  4. Why is my external hard drive not detected anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my external hard drive not detected anymore: My xbox series x no longer detects my wd black p 10 even though I have been using it since May to store games. I have tried switching usb ports and restarting the console....
  5. Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I copy Xbox captures to external hard drive the captures aren't showing up afterwards?: I recently formatted an external hard drive to back up my Xbox captures to on account of the cloud saves being deleted soon. The drive is recognized as a media storage, and I can even see my new...
  6. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  7. Why cant I play games from my external hard drive????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play games from my external hard drive????: I cant play games from my external hard drive anymore??? What the hell? 460c00f4-fa41-44b7-8ddd-37aced07526b
  8. Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox 360 function correctly with the external hard drive in?: I got this new hard drive off of Amazon, 350G, 293 formatted. I just got a new game called destiny but I have to install it to the hard drive. It keeps freezing mid download and it seems like the...
  9. Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my external hard drive not transfer games?: My external hard drive that I got for my Xbox s was working fine and transferring games, now it is not working. When I go to transfer a game it will download at a high speed then drop and stop the...
  10. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...