Why is my controller unresponsive?

Discus and support Why is my controller unresponsive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mxndic, Apr 22, 2024.

1. mxndic
    mxndic Guest

My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it doesn’t,seem to want to and after holding the pair button down for a few seconds to try and pair it, the Xbox controller vibrates twice and then turns off. I can only turn off the controller by taking out the batteries.

I think I managed to re-pair the controller with the console once or twice but it still didn’t react to any buttons etc being pressed.

My Xbox is an Xbox One S and we bought it way back around 2018-20-19. It has the energy saving mode off and works fine aside from being a bit slow at loading some games - but none of this should affect the actual controller.

The controller is much newer (bought around 2022 from memory) and never had any issues until randomly not working. Im unable to get a refund for it anymore and it still seems to work fine aside from the unresponsiveness, so id really like to try and fix it otherwise im limited to one older controller which has stick drift - my last resort is purchasing a new controller.

:)

mxndic, Apr 22, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: