Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

Discus and support Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaggedJaws05, Apr 5, 2024.

1. JaggedJaws05
    JaggedJaws05 Guest

I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one tile. I’ve tried updating the controller, restarting the console, changing batteries, the whole lot but nothing works. We don’t have any other controllers and I don’t have the stuff to clean the thumb-stick sensor thingys.

:)

JaggedJaws05, Apr 5, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello JaggedJaws05! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you have issues with your controller. Sounds like it could be faulty,. If its still under warranty, you can use that to get it sorted. You can use this link to check the warranty status and start a service request.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty
  3. Jesse E' Win User

My controller's left joystick is being pushed down when I'm not pushing it

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Hope this helps!
  4. twinkie187u Win User

Xbox left analog stick on controller

Well that sucks lol have you tried the headset in another controller? I had a similar issue with my left analog recently, it kept acting like it was always pushing forward, i ending buying a new controller.
  5. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Sorry, asking again if there’s a way to set the adaptive joystick up so that when I click the adaptive joystick, the left thumb stick ( which it is plugged into the left usb port) will act as if I clicked the left thumb stick. I saw something in settings
    to set as shift but am not sure what that is. So if anyone knows how to set the adaptive joystick to click the left thumb stick, please let me in on the secret. They really left a lot of options out. They obviously didn’t work close with people with disabilities,
    as why would you want a joystick that doesn’t function exactly as the thumb stick you’re replacing/taking over.
  6. Pranav Palani Win User

My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick

Hi Josef, thank you for the reply, after looking at the guides i realized i had thought it was sticky buttons but it is something else.

My buttons and joysticks return to their normal place normally. But the controller acts as though the left joystick is still pushed or pulled even though it returns to it's position after release, and makes my character move forward even though it shouldn't.

Again though, if there is a fix please tell, as I have tried the troubleshooting methods and virtual assistant from the support page and they didn't work.

Just to make sure that I said I described it correctly, the buttons and joysticks return normally, but the command inputted into the left joystick continues for 10 seconds.

I am considering getting a new controller but would rather see it fixed. Furthermore, if you know what this is called and how to prevent this, please do tell. Again thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion
Thema:

1. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left? - Similar Threads - Why controller acting

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  8. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  9. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  10. Why does my Xbox controller act funny

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller act funny: So I’ve been experiencing this for a couple days, every time I push up, down, left, or right it double scrolls, and when I finally get to the game I want my character just moves in circles and I...