Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

Discus and support Why is my chat mixer grayed out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using an arctis 9x and my chat mixer is grayed out, yet it seems to change from 0% to 5% on it's own multiple times a second. Makes hearing others... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yvxce, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Yvxce
    Yvxce Guest

I'm using an arctis 9x and my chat mixer is grayed out, yet it seems to change from 0% to 5% on it's own multiple times a second. Makes hearing others a pain, why?

:)

Yvxce, Apr 30, 2024
  2. Trevor Schill Win User

Hello AJ. I’ve tried everything you told me to do as well as trying different headsets controllers and trying to plug in the headset slowly. Nothing works and it’s getting frustrating.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Trevor! Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry you are still experiencing issues with the chat mixer.

If you don't mind, could you tell me what brand/model of Xbox controller and headset you are using? Some controllers and headsets have built-in features that override the console's chat mixer and allow you to control audio balance directly from your device.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Trevor! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the headset chat mixer.

• Do you, by any chance, have a different controller with your headset? Alternatively, you could try a different headset or set of earbuds/headphones with this controller.

• Have you already made sure both your console and controller are up to date?

- You can check for console updates at Settings > System > Updates.
    - You can check for controller updates by going to Settings > Devices and connections > Controllers and headsets > [...] under your controller.

In addition to this, would you mind giving me a quick summary of the troubleshooting you've done so far?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. Jake Heinaman Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you see an icon of Microphone being cross out it would mean that the volume of your microphone is muted. Can you check for any settings of your headset to increase the volume? You can refer to the manual of your headset on how to adjust the volume.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

Thema:

1. Why is my chat mixer grayed out? - Similar Threads - Why chat mixer

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  5. Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my chat mixer grayed out?: My Audio chat mixer is grayed out. I just started to have this problem and tried everything but nothing happens. How do I fix this. By the way I have a wireless controller if that makes a...
  6. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  7. why is my headset chat mixer greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my headset chat mixer greyed out: why is my headset chat mixer greyed out i have a palm beach playstation headset it was working with my old headset but not with this one the chat mixer is greyed out...
  8. Why is the headset chat mixer locked?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the headset chat mixer locked?: I've tried restarting and resetting my xbox however it is still locked. I have already tried googling some solutions, but had no luck. I have tried my headset and another pair of earphones, and...
  9. Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?: This happened recently and I have tried everything to fix it, including updating my controller but it does nothing at all. I even tried using a different headset, Same problem. I want to be able...
  10. Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I move my headset chat mixer?: It’s just all greyed out and doesn’t move. efdbb4ec-9132-48db-8aa2-6209f598a8f9