Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

Discus and support Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by giorgos chatzimartis, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003 continuously! Says no available space to save! On a console that doesn't have playtime in it,zero! An error that never showed up on my old Xbox one even though it was 1000% more used and overloaded !

And when 1/10 the sync bar reaches 100% another error shows up prompting me to play offline! Which works but my save list is then heavily incomplete, about 25% is missing!

There is no save in the console and there is free space on the harddrive of course....2 powercycles and 2 resets ( keep games and apps) didn't work,i am down to formatting it completely!

Are we sure this is the most powerful console to date? Please help!!!!

:)

giorgos chatzimartis, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Yes, I believe the amount of save files might be the issue.

Try deleting old saves that you may not need and try again.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

According to an article I read, there is a limit to the size of how much save data we can have.

Did you play this game previously?

You can try to delete some files in order to clear space.

On Home, select My games & apps.

Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.

Select the Saved data box, then choose the item you want to delete.
  4. giorgos chatzimartis Win User

Ok so the update is this....factory reset didn't solve the issue, I cleared the seies X and installed just Skyrim with my profile, nothing else ! The error still pops up :/

So what i did was this : i went to the guy i gave my old xbox one, dl my profile in it ,dl Skyrim and tried to sync my saves,the error pops up there too!! So it cannot be a console issue .... then i started using the game offline and this method DOES SHOW the majority (70%) of my Skyrim saves (AFTER the error popped up), it's like it syncs partially and cannot retrieve them all due to the lack of cloud save space( or so it says...) ! I sat down and started deleting all the screenshots from the cloud and went to delete more than half of any Skyrim cloud save , tomorrow I'll check if it worked on my series X and get back to you...

I do have one question though....some games i played (and auto cloud save) were ultimate games , meaning I don't own them....so now that my subscription expired and i uninstalled those said games how can i erase their saves from the cloud ( since i cannot use the game anymore)??? Pls let me know
  5. giorgos chatzimartis Win User

Yes your info is on point,i am talking about cloud saves and so does the error message, obviously the console has enough gb to save.....yet again Skyrim does have its 5.0gb reserved space AND another 3.9 gb saved data IN THE CONSOLE,,these show up when I'm at the manage game and addons area....and there still much hard drive left

I do have a lot of skyrim saves of course,you think theose many saves cause the error? Even with the 5gb reserved space and 3.9 game save data in the console?

But if so.... why didn't this error show up in my last xbox one that i just gave away? It had the same Skyrim saves AND a longer list of games played and saved AND just 200MB hard drive left ...yet no error ....
  6. giorgos chatzimartis Win User

Hi again....yes, deleting most of Skyrim saves on my old console (which was formatted before everything and then the error appeared on my series X) did the trick,i can save as normal now ....what i did is erase the saves one by one from the Skyrim menu ( not deleting from xbox menu and deleting from everywhere as this would zero any progress) ,it seems this way you delete the cloud save as well and free space was created !

Weird is that i lost all my latest saves (25%) without deleting them myself,they aren't there anymore ,cloud or hard drive.... all my saves that included mods are gone .... At least the error is gone too...
Thema:

1. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save? - Similar Threads - Why brand series

2. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  3. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  4. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  5. Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Xbox controller keep disconnecting ?: I have an Xbox One S. And a brand new controller and headset - not even 6 hours old yet. While I’m playing the game , I have static in my headset and others have trouble hearing me because of...
  6. Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my brand new Series X console keep giving me the “Keep the console cool message”?: I was gifted an Xbox Series X for the holidays and it’s only been a week and I barely have time to play on it but when I do, I get the “Keep the console cool” message whenever I’m playing a game....
  7. Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does warzone keep crashing? My xbox is brand new: Warzone keeps crashing. Why? 0896c32d-8d24-41ab-a3a4-b1f1077d6cff
  8. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  9. Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my new fan that I put on my Xbox one x turn on even Thoe It's an brand new fan?: I have an xbox one x, It works fine but the fan on it stopped working so I put a Brand New fan on it and the fan still won't turn on and I plugged it in the right way too. Why is the fan not...
  10. why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my brand new series x not download games at appropriate speeds?: Xbox Series X says I have 300mbps plus download and 15 mbps upload yet downloads games at 7mbps or sometimes stops all together. This is without being in a game. What would cause this? It’s hard...