Why is my audio not working only in 1 certain game?

Discus and support Why is my audio not working only in 1 certain game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The new Call of duty modern warfare. The sound keeps cutting out. It's fine on the main screen but, when the game actually starts it cuts in and out. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by shandra1174, Sep 22, 2023.

1. shandra1174
    shandra1174 Guest

The new Call of duty modern warfare. The sound keeps cutting out. It's fine on the main screen but, when the game actually starts it cuts in and out. I have updated all drivers. uninstalled and re-installed the game and watched YouTube videos on how to fix it nothing works. It only happens in this game.

PC Specs

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID DD453888-DC77-46E8-9E73-61E157C0F82E

Product ID 00325-81711-26543-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

shandra1174, Sep 22, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello shandra1174,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you're experiencing audio issues with Call of Duty Modern Warfare. This issue may occur due to several reasons, it could be that there is something in your system that we need to check, it could be on your account or the game settings itself, or it could be a device compatibility issues since, you confirmed that this worked with other application and only with this game did not. Checking it hear, it appears that you have done your part for trying to troubleshoot the concern before sharing this with us and we truly appreciate you for that. Nothing to worry, we will work on this together. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

First, I will be asking you few questions to help us understand the issue further:

1. May I know if this is working before?
    2. Do we use Xbox App to launch the game from your device?

Note: You can skip the steps you have done already.

In the meantime, let's check if the game's audio settings are configured correctly.

• Launch the game and go to the Options menu.
    • Under Audio, make sure that the Master Volume, Music Volume, and Dialogue Volume are turned up.
    • Also, check if the Voice Chat settings are set to Enabled.

If the settings are correct, let's try updating your audio drivers.

• Go to the Device Manager and expand the Sound, video and game controller's section.
    • Right-click on your audio device and select Update driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

If updating the drivers doesn't work, let's try disabling any enhancements that may be causing the issue.

• Go to the Sound settings in the Control Panel and select your audio device.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Enhancements tab.
    • Check the box next to Disable all enhancements and click Apply.

If none of these steps work, please proceed to check your network settings and make sure you have a NAT type of Open or Moderate. If you have a Strict NAT type, you might have problems connecting to other players in party chat. You can change your NAT type by following the instructions here: “NAT Type: Unavailable” appears in your network settings | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello shandra1174,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Dave Eckert Win User

NO Audio - Was Working FIne All Week

*SIGH* NEW UPDATE: 1 minute audio and video for my TV signal works, the next it doesn't, as if it only works when it wants! I already checked that my HDMI cable hooked from my HD cable box to my XBox One isn't faulty, it worked
    fine when I hooked it up only from the cable box to the TV. Other than that, I'm 100% certain all of my TV HDMI ports in use both audio and video are fine, so why am I still experiencing difficulties with my XBox One's TV app audio, yet it recognizes my devices
    just fine? I even went into settings to double check, the only thing I find ironic is that it can't re-run an audio/video test, but the other onscreen TV commands weork, my XBox One recognizes my HD cable box. Unfortunately, still awaiting/require assistance
    please......
  5. Warden of Eons Win User

Sound

Will we get an actual fix for this issue? Alot of people seem to have the same issue with audio not working for certain games, but the audio works fine on the home screen and YouTube etc. I can only get sound for games with headphones, it's incredibly frustrating. Please fix this.
  6. OK Fowl Win User

Only certain games work

It sounds like you may need to submit the console for service. The DVD drive may not be working correctly.

Here is info on how to do that: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Here is a guide that may help you determine the problem also: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/disc-drive-solution
Thema:

1. Why is my audio not working only in 1 certain game? - Similar Threads - Why audio working

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  5. Why do my twitch streams have no audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do my twitch streams have no audio?: I noticed this last night while streaming some gameplay for a friend and noticed it had no audio. I can’t figure out how to fix it which is why I’m here, since you don’t really need the twitch app...
  6. Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?: No sounds from Discord VC is played on TV speakers. The chat overlay shows that sound is being played, and all sound goes through when a headset is attached, but if no headset is attached it just...
  7. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  8. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  9. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  10. Why isn't my hdmi audio working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my hdmi audio working?: [img] My audio used to always work through hdmi to my monitor and now this is showing up, I've tried switching cable and playing around with the settings but nothing is working. any ideas on how...