Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

Discus and support Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Powers1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online if its not connecting to internet?

:)

David Powers1, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Silver97890 Win User

Trouble with backwards compatible game

I can't, it says that it's not connected to the internet. My xbox one is connected to the internet but when I try to play a 360 game on the xbox one it says that it can't connect to the internet.
  3. BirdyEkrom Win User

Xbox live on xbox 360 s fixed!

No i dont, it is a xbox 360 S

Internet is connected it shows it

Only thing that isnt i connected is xbox live

My xbox box gold yearly subscription shows it is active On mricosoft.com

It's refurbished.
  4. miDnIghtEr20C Win User

My timeline is not showing up for friends...

Yup. I have a bunch of friends that aren't showing up in the news feed on my Xbox One and smart glass. All it shows is the videos they've taken. Doesn't show their achievements, doesn't show their recent activity. I can't see what game they're playing.
    I have no idea if they're on a game or watching TV or whatever, so not sure if I'll be bugging them from whatever they're doing. I can't even see my sons activity feed or achievements and we're on the same Xbox One.

I've asked some MS people on Twitter and not one person will get back to me. I have no idea what's going on but it sucks. What's the use of activity feed and all that when I can't see what my friends/family is doing. You go on Xbox.com and all it
    says is they're playing Xbox One. You go on Xbox One smartglass and it says "when they play a game they're recent activity will show up." "Once they play a game their achievements will show up"

Well they're not. It's not working. I can't see what more than half my friends list is doing.
  5. Ix TRIGMATIC xI Win User

Vote: DRM vs. NO DRM

[quote user="HD ITeRRoRiZe I"]

What im trying to say is:

-

If Internet Connection is required to update, then what`s the difference between signing in for the update and signing in for the 24 check? there isn`t a difference. You are still using the internet regardless of which you do.

[/quote]

What if I were to take my Xbox One on a business trip for a week and there's no Wifi in my hotel? I can't use my Xbox because I can't connect to the internet? That's why it's good that the mandatory check in is gone.
  6. XeoN xAsSaSiiNo Win User

Comcast customers can't connect to Xbox Live (8015190B or 80151909)

Im in Mississippi and I have Comcast/xfinity internet. It lets me connect to live saying my Xbox one is connected but when I get on NBA 2k14 it won't have any online modes but says Im connected to live. When I plug the cable to the Modesto the xbox it connects
    and shows the multilateral and online options. Why doesnt it show when I put the password in for my wireless connection? Help please because I have a 360 that needs to use the Ethernet cable
Thema:

Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

1. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet? - Similar Threads - Why 360 showing

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  4. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  5. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  6. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  7. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  8. Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...: Every time I go to Clock on my Xbox 360 absolutely everything is right Daylighg Saving is on I am in the right Time Zone and I have the right Time Format but the weird part is is that the time is...
  9. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  10. Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...: Can my 360 console use my gold card membership mine wont give me nothing free or even a game to play free i spent 25 bucks for nothing tell me why plz 5186f875-9de4-4eda-ad36-6e225559eab3