Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?

Discus and support Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dwite12, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Dwite12
    Dwite12 Guest

Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i can play the first mission, completely fine, no bugs, no problems, nothing, but as soon it goes to the second mission, its tells me "lost connection to host." Like why? Why is it doing this? Ive tried restalling the campaign, then restalling the whole damn game. Its makes no sense, i can play multplayer just fine, like theres no reason for this bs. Why cant the campaign be an offline thing? Like im not playing with other people. It should be like old cod titles. No internet, play the campaign or play locally. No ifs, ands, or buts.

:)

Dwite12, Dec 21, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Dwite12,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Dwite12,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix your issues with Modern Warfare 2 on your Xbox Series X. Based on the information you provided, it seems that the game is crashing when you try to play the second mission of the campaign mode. You mentioned that you have tried reinstalling the campaign and the game, but the issue persists. This issue could be caused by a variety of factors, including corrupted game files, network issues, or a problem with your console’s hardware. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

- Is this happening to all your games?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

-Clear the cache on your Xbox Series X by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the console turns off. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turning the console back on.

-Check your internet connection and ensure that it is stable and fast enough to support online gaming. You can also try connecting your console directly to your router using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi.

-Try playing the game in offline mode. To do this, go to the game’s main menu, press the A button, then press the B button, and select “Go Offline.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Randy Bermudez Win User

Does anyone know if crossplay option will be returning MW2 on Xbox system even if I had to wait weeks or months please let me know

when you said series did you mean Xbox series type and

if Xbox series s/x has cross play option for mw2 it's it possible from to download mw2 on Xbox series s if

it has cross play on this game.
  5. Matt Oates Win User

Playing 2009 Mw2 on series X

I can't seem to get a game on mw2 on Xbox series x it says no one online?
  6. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
Thema:

1. Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game? - Similar Threads - Why mw2 series

2. why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2?: why does microsoft say i didn't £69.99 for mw2? give me a refund your own records say i paid for it 318ada7e-4014-4e39-907b-81342fca63f5
  3. Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my mw2 disc load!!!: So I just bought a Xbox 360 mw2 disc from GameStop and when I put the disc into the disc reader on my Xbox one s it doesn’t show up as a disc is in the tray. I even tried going onto the Xbox app...
  4. Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my MW2 progress reset following Nov. 2nd 2023 update?: My rank has been reset to 0. I no longer have access to player skins, my captured souls reset when I was over 600. I still have my Ranked Play skin equipped but cannot change it. I still have all...
  5. my mw2 account got reset after a game of shipment. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my mw2 account got reset after a game of shipment. Why?: After I played a game of shipment, I lost all my data and I don't know why. When I went to manage the game data, the data was still showing up so it wasn't deleted. However, the data wasn't...
  6. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  7. why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?: i recently got an xbox series s and have downloaded mw2 + warzone. ive played the campaign in mw2 and evrrything was okay. i then bought xbox gamepass so i could play online, but everytime i try...
  8. I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought mw2 for my xbox one why can't I play it on my series s: I buy Modern Warfare 2 for my Xbox One and I switched to a series s and now I can't play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or campaign it's trying to make me rebuy it 19998a3c-864e-4f70-8ebd-3d40454c5f49
  9. I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now I cant play it without buying gamepass. WHY?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now I cant play it without buying gamepass. WHY?: I NEED HELP!! I payed $80 for mw2 on my xbox series s and now for some reason I cant play the multiplayer at all without buying gamepass or Xbox live. WHY? I literally own the game!! Someone pls...
  10. Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?: Hello all, As the title suggests I'm having some performance issues on CoD MW2 (2009) and BO1 (2010). I downloaded these from the Microsoft store to play on my series X as they are all on sale...