why is minecraft not working on my old macbook air?

Discus and support why is minecraft not working on my old macbook air? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello. i have spent several hours on my macbook, trying to get minecraft downloaded. i have downloaded java, everything i can think of to try get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by puffyling, Dec 26, 2022.

1. puffyling
    puffyling Guest

hello.

i have spent several hours on my macbook, trying to get minecraft downloaded. i have downloaded java, everything i can think of to try get this working. it says the launcher isnt working, and i dont know what to do. it i causing me many distraught, and i really just want to get it working. i have not seen any tutuorials on how to get it on an older macbook, and i really just need some help.

:)

puffyling, Dec 26, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Puffyling, I don't know what MAC you have or what processor and operating system version.

However, I leave here below official Mojang links with the requirements so that you can run Minecraft.

Minecraft: Java Edition Versions and MacOS 

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

https://www.macgamerhq.com/games/minecraft-mac/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The Macbook air

Hi,

If you're intending to play games on a computer don't buy a Apple laptop and certainly don't be a Chromebook.

Apple don't make great machines for gamers, and the latest mac's use the new 'Apple M1' which is an ARM based processor. These are quick and efficient in productivity, but not meant for games. The latest Apple M1 Chip systems can't run Windows and consequently won't run PC games.

Chromebooks are meant for 'light computing' tasks and productivity. Gaming is pretty basic with only mobile or tablet based games on offer. Also Chromebook is meant to be continuously online, most apps won't work without the device being connected to the internet.

If you want to play real PC games you need a gaming PC. I wouldn't go with a 'Gaming laptop' unless you intend to go places with it. Get a proper desktop/tower gaming PC. Or build one yourself. I built my own gaming PC.
  4. Maximiliano Rivas Win User

Xbox page redirecting me back and not letting me sign in

Hi, thanks for responding. It is with my MacBook Air
  5. HomicidalTerrahawkMa Win User

Streaming to windows 10

Three year old 13" MacBook Air (1.8 GHz Core i5, 4 GB, 128 GB SSD) with Windows 10 Home (not virtual). Streaming worked great. I played Dying Light for an hour tonight with no lag Or connection issues. Appreciate this functionality so I can play in different
    areas of the house.

The only bug I have encountered is that is my controller will not move up and down the main Dying Light menu if I move it down past "Continue". Seems to lock up a bit. I have to use the XBOX home button and start another game and then come back to Dying
    Light to "Continue" my game.

The MacBook is wifi only while the XBOX One is on a Ethernet cable. The MacBook Air worked much better than my 2014 Dell Inspiron 15" 7000 laptop (Core i7 2.00 GHz, 8 GB ram and a 1 TB hard drive). The Dell disconnected from my XBOX gaming session after
    10 minutes (from the same location in my house). For some reason the MacBook on Windows just does gaming better. It streams the PC version of MineCraft for my son with no lag whereas the Dell lags MacBook also streams some Steam games better for me (e.g.,
    Styx: Master of Shadows if you are familiar with it).

Peter
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

I bought Minecraft on my MacBook Air and every time i download the launcher and press on it it sends me back where i need to buy it please help me with this.

Hello Cellou,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, here are some steps you can take to try to fix this issue:

Check your Internet connection. Make sure your MacBook Air is connected to the Internet and has a stable connection.

Try downloading the Minecraft launcher again. You can download the launcher from the Minecraft website.

Try launching the launcher from the downloads folder. Once you have downloaded the launcher, locate the Downloads folder on your MacBook Air.

Open the folder and double-click the "Minecraft Launcher" file.

Try launching the launcher from the Finder app. Open the Finder app and locate the "Minecraft Launcher" file. Double click the file to start it.

Sign in to your Minecraft account. If you are not already signed in to your Minecraft account, click the "Sign In" button in the launcher.

Check your version of Minecraft. Make sure your MacBook Air has the latest version of Minecraft. You can check your version of Minecraft by clicking the "Help" button in the launcher and selecting "About Minecraft."

I hope I have answered your question correctly, I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
Thema:

1. why is minecraft not working on my old macbook air? - Similar Threads - why minecraft working

2. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  3. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  4. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  5. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  6. why is my keyboard not working on minecraft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my keyboard not working on minecraft?: im trying to play minecraft with my keyboard and mouse i have them both plugged in the mouse works and the keyboard has the lights on but when i go on minecraft none of the keys on the keyboard do...
  7. Why won't my minecraft work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my minecraft work?: Last year around summer 2022 I bought minecraft Java with the bundle of the bedrock version also included but this year when I try to play with my friends on my computer it tells me to buy...
  8. why doesn’t Microsoft bedrock Minecraft cloud not work in iOS it doesn’t makes no sense

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesn’t Microsoft bedrock Minecraft cloud not work in iOS it doesn’t makes no sense: Its quite a problem as Microsoft hasn’t added this feature for so long I hope this question could reach someone with ties to Microsoft and answer this question for me as it quite an issue with...
  9. Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft: I did everything but I cant play multi on minecraft I dont know why, I have allowed all privacy but I cant play, please help b1b5ba0a-99b4-4571-af03-ba75c9c38e53
  10. Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...: I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC and i only can use Bedrock Edition and It says I already have Java Edition a7b09ac8-80da-47ef-97af-b0b90c0e5fdc