Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?

Discus and support Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft this year. I bought minecraft through a prepaid card. But when I go into the launcher now after not playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bhavini Mattaparthy, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?

I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft this year. I bought minecraft through a prepaid card. But when I go into the launcher now after not playing for a long time it is saying that I have to buy minecraft again. How can I play minecraft again? Also does the microsoft account that got migrated to get an email saying that it was migrated too?

This issue started a long time ago. I think that it was during the middle of 2022. We have tried all of the different emails that we can remember. The only change that we did was factory resetting a windows laptop that the account was on. We didn't remove files from the computer, only the programs/apps. The account name is UnheardFox89797. When I tried logging into minecraft.net with the Mojang account it said it was already migrated. In the inbox of the old account it shows that that account was successfully migrated. Is it possible for you to tell us which outlook email is linked the the account "UnheardFox89797".

Thanks, Bhavini
    Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again? [​IMG]

Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again? [​IMG]

:)

Bhavini Mattaparthy, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Fatima_J Win User

Hi Bhavini Mattaparthy ,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, it appears that every time I launch Minecraft it says I need to buy Minecraft again.

I'm glad you took the time to consider this for us so we can help you figure it out for you.

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. When does the issue started?

2. Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?

In your case, you need to log in to your account.

On Minecraft Launcher sign out and sign back in on this part

[​IMG]

Kindly select the green button - Sign in with Microsoft

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

Hope you are well. I'll be glad to help you, just remember that you're not talking to a Microsoft employee.

Only the migration email you show in your screenshot is received, if you don't remember which email you used for the migration, you will have to contact the game support.

Enter this link

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...

In the section "What is the Category of Your Questions?" choose the option "Migration Support".

There they will be able to help you with your question.

Remember that this is a public forum and that those of us who participate in it are common players, I am not part of Microsoft support nor can I enter the system, the only thing I can do is provide you with information that might help you.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards.
  5. Arsalan_824 Win User

Minecraft Java asks me to buy again.

Hi Fernando,

I have tried this already and it does not work.

The problem is that when Iog into microsoft and look at my owned games, it appears that my microsoft account does not own minecraft java edition and only owns the bedrock edition, even though i've been playing Java edition on it daily up till now.

Thanks.
  6. Riley Callender1 Win User

Minecraft Java is asking me to buy it again.

I bought the game from the Minecraft site itself, the top of the screen has a "Buy Minecraft" button
Thema:

1. Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again? - Similar Threads - Why Minecraft asking

2. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  3. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  4. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  5. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  6. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  7. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  8. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  9. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d
  10. Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months?: [img] (please help, proof of purchase is in the picture!) 521a9de4-2fc8-4398-865d-45b7e6693cbc