Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?

Discus and support Why is microsoft store not downloading anything? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently i tried updating whatsapp and found out that it isnt working, After that,i have tried installing anything else which also did not work. i have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sonja linnemann, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?

Recently i tried updating whatsapp and found out that it isnt working, After that,i have tried installing anything else which also did not work. i have tried every solution i could find, which all did not work.
    The solutions i have tried are: turning s mode on and off, cleaning and repairing it through the settings, clearing the cache

What exactly happens is that i click on the download button which will then show a loading symbol for up to 1 hour, after that it will say an error telling me that it didnt work. In rough translation (which is because it in german)the message only says "there has sadly been an error" and the download button says "try again" which does nothing when clicked on.

i have tried sending screenshots with this question but it also didnt work so i sadly cant show a picture

I hope this problem can be resolved as i cant use any apps on the microsoft store

:)

sonja linnemann, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, sonja L. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your concern today.

I found something that may be useful, may I know if you already tried that?

Method 1. Repair Windows Store:

1. Go to settings> Update and Security> troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter> Then click Windows Store apps
    2. Temporarily Disable the Anti-virus (If you have third party antivirus)
    3. Run PowerShell
    4. On PowerShell(admin), copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Method 2. Repair Windows Store and update components

Open PowerShell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows PowerShell(Admin))
    Copy each line of command to PowerShell, then press enter (one line at a time)
    net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop appidsvc
    net stop cryptsvc
    Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"
    rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
    rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
    regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh winsock reset proxy
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    net start appidsvc
    net start cryptsvc

-Once done, restart the device and check

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c86a6fda-73cb-4353-ad0f-3d2ec3605ceb
  3. iwantpie Win User

I'm trying to install games from Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC but everything is stuck at "Queued"

Thanks. There was nothing in the queue in the Microsoft Store, no, i saw the same behaviour if i tried to download anything from there too. I resolved this in the end by just logging out of the Microsoft Store and back in again, though no idea why that
    would be needed
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Microsoft Store doesn't download anything

5. João Guilherme Pega Win User

Minecraft Launcher stuck on "Downloading update files"

I tried that out but I think that the problem is about microsoft store. I can't install anything on it and the only way to get applications for me is to download them from the internet and just hope that it doesn't need connection to the microsoft store. This is why i can't install the minecraft launcher- It tries to connect to the microsoft store but then it gets an error and it sends me the store so I can download the launcher from there, which just like I said doesn't work. I followed your steps and the only problem I got was in the last step, which requires me to download an application from the store.
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Microsoft Store completely refuses to download anything.

Thema:

1. Why is microsoft store not downloading anything? - Similar Threads - Why microsoft store

2. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...
  6. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  7. why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?: why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop? 39b0e822-fa54-4a0f-bc08-70f54e57bd9a
  8. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  9. why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?: I used website roblox before, but it doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, so I switched for Microsoft site roblox but I have seen some glitches, such as even when I put in first person or...
  10. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca