Why is language setting dependent on location setting?

Discus and support Why is language setting dependent on location setting? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I am a gamer, game developer, and occasional twitch streamer. And I am German. Opposed to what people think of germans, I would really like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by assiprinz, Jan 7, 2014.

1. assiprinz
    assiprinz Guest

Hi there,

I am a gamer, game developer, and occasional twitch streamer. And I am German. Opposed to what people think of germans, I would really like to set my XBox One to use English as the system language. Every single device in my home is set to English, and I
    want to keep it that way.

Enter the XBox One. If I am not from the US, UK or Australia, I am not allowed to switch the XBox to English. I mean, I could, but then I would be forced into the respective store, and could not use it, because I live in Germany. What the hell is wrong?
    I mean there are definitely people living in Germany that don't speak German at all, or are not comfortable with the language (not me, by the way, I am just used to it). This is discriminating, stupid and unbelievable. If this problem is not addressed, I will
    return the effing box and get a non-racist console.

:)

assiprinz, Jan 7, 2014
  2. petman127
    petman127 Guest
    Xbox one location setting

why is it that the xbox one installation steps have limited options.

what i mean is this:

we want to use the english language setting because kinect microphone works with english voice commands, so no problem there

but that way i have to choose uk or us as my location, even though my real location is the netherlands

but this means i have no acces to the dutch xbox store for game purchase. And buying a game from the us store does not work

not all games available for us are available in dutch xbox store.

so by selecting location netherlands it will only give me dutch and belgium language settings. Why?

dutch people can speak english perfectly and im sure some english speaking people alsp speak other languages.

the location setting and language setting should not be combined but seperate. Time for a software update, think

thx in advance for the response

petman127, Jan 7, 2014
  3. games and dashboard in other languages

Easy fix mate.

Settings>

System>

Language and Location>

Set all 3: Language, Location, and Spoken Language to English and United States.

Colored Messiah, Jan 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: