Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is...

Discus and support Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic account to access my Nintendo rocket league account with my xbox, and to connect it to my fortnite on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheBoi120, Dec 12, 2023.

1. TheBoi120
    TheBoi120 Guest

Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is...

I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic account to access my Nintendo rocket league account with my xbox, and to connect it to my fortnite on my xbox. For both rocket league and fortnite I skipped signing with epic and just continued with my xbox account, but now that I finally have an epic account it's not letting me link them together.

Everywhere I go it is saying to see if you have a nameless account attached by signing in with xbox on epics website, and if it goes to a create an account screen then you do. I did exactly that and it takes me to that screen, so I definitely do. But when I follow the instructions to connect the account to an already-made epic account, the error shows up and tells me it's already connected to another epic account. Then it tells me to log in with another xbox account or switch to another epic games account.

I don't have another epic games account! My xbox account has never been linked with another epic account, as far as I know, and I have no idea how to check, if there even is a way. Could I have been hacked? Is this a glitch? Is this an error on my part, xbox, or epic? I've tried everything I can and I don't want to lose my Nintendo rocket league progress and my xbox fortnite progress, because my Nintendo-linked epic account won't connect to my xbox account. Epic's website is no help.

:)

TheBoi120, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is saying that my account has already been linked with an epic games account when it hasnt?

Hello, CheatRun. I’m, Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide some guidance with your inquiry today.

I’m sorry to hear you already have an Epic account linked to your Microsoft account, despite not remembering linking accounts or having more Epic games accounts.

Not only that, but it is important to point out that it is not possible to unlink an Epic account from your Microsoft account, the process always needs to be done in the Epic linked accounts management site.

However, as you’re not able to do this, you may want to contact Epic Games support to review the options you may have regarding this matter.

Furthermore, please refrain from sharing personal information, including email addresses, gamertags, etc.
    As community users, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I’ll remain attentive in case you have any other one.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  3. VFM33195 Win User

Fortnite with two Xbox consoles and one Xbox Gold Account

Thanks so much- I guess my confusion is with Epic. How does Epic know which console I am trying to link to which account? When I sign into my Microsoft Account, even though there are two separate child accounts, there is no way to designate each console-
    so how does Epic know which console I am “linking”?
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

This is annoying me so much

Hello Brojoh12,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I am very sorry for what you are presenting, I understand your annoyance but don't worry, there is a solution. There are two possible reasons why your Xbox account does not appear on the Epic Games website.

The first possibility is that your Xbox account is not linked to an Epic Games account. To link your Xbox account to an Epic Games account, go to the Epic Games website and click "Sign in." Then, select "Xbox" as your platform and follow the on-screen instructions.

The second possibility is that your Xbox account is linked to an "unnamed" Epic Games account. "Unnamed" Epic Games accounts are created automatically when you log into Fortnite on a console without creating an Epic Games account. If you have a "no name" Epic Games account, you can convert it to a full Epic Games account

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

When i try to link my xbox with my epic account, it says I am linked to another epic account. Please help

Hi Amanda, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

We can only link one Microsoft Account to one Epic Account.

We can't check this on the Xbox platform, it is done on the Epic webpage.

Please, enter Epic website: epicgames.com/account/connected

Go to Your Name > Account > Connections > Accounts

If you still can't link your Microsoft account, you will need to open a support ticket with Epic support.

https://www.epicgames.com/help/contact-us

I hope this helps.
  6. WPAK Win User

Moving V-Bucks and Challenge Packs to another account

Hi there,

there is no option to move items etc from one Xbox Live Account to another, but since it's Fortnite related, there might be an alternate solution.

I think the content for Fortnite is linked to the Fortnite account (Epic account) and that can be linked to a different Xbox Live Account.

For example this link shows how to connect a Epic Account to a console account (via the website):

https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/epic-accounts/?s=epic-accounts&f=how-do-i-link-my-console-account-to-my-epic-games-account-using-the-web&p=all

Keep in mind to not use the Xbox Live Accounts or Epic Accounts when on a console, since this could result in a new Epic Account being created.

I do advise you to contact Epic Support first so they can confirm the steps to take to make this possible before trying something. The earlier mentioned link has a Contact options.
Thema:

1. Why is it that when I am trying to link my xbox account with my epic games account, it is... - Similar Threads - Why trying link

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  5. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  6. Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see my gift card when I try to buy something through my Xbox?: It said I redeem it and it shows that I have it on my account but when I try to buy something in game it’s not showing it. 1f4c71a3-4dd3-4bec-8620-c0318a68551e
  7. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  8. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  9. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  10. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...