Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

Discus and support Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Very important topic because it probably might just be a me problem, so I want to know how to get it fixed. I’ve had and still do have the problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Victor3143, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Victor3143
    Victor3143 Guest

Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

Very important topic because it probably might just be a me problem, so I want to know how to get it fixed.

I’ve had and still do have the problem where my Xbox wouldn’t connect to the WiFi or Wired internet. It makes it seem as if I’m purposely being locked out BECAUSE it’s my accounts that I’m trying to have log in.

I’m my household we have two Xbox consoles. One that I use, and one other for my brother. My brother would log in and play his games no problem, but when I’m trying to log into my accounts, I’ll have wireless or wired connection issues. So nothing works for me.

I still have that problem where I try to connect with WiFi, but the WiFi that I’m supposed to use will sit at the bottom of the list of WiFi’s on there. It’s purposefully blocking me out because clearly everyone else can use the WiFi or wired connection no problem.

Other than that, I also tried using my brother’s Xbox to see if I could log into that instead to see if my Xbox was the problem itself with its connection issues, but unfortunately it wasn’t. So for a good couple of minutes, my account on my brother’s Xbox would work just fine. I could go into the Microsoft Store to see all the games, I could see my online status working with no issues. But then a couple of seconds later, my brother’s Xbox wouldn’t let me be connected to the internet.

And just so y’all know, I had my brother go back onto his Xbox and log into his own account, and then everything would be working. So CLEARLY it is MY account that’s being blocked out for no specific reason.

I’ve had this problem that started not too long ago, since this year of 2023 on the month of February. Playing game or being connected to my internet would rarely even work. Surprisingly it feels like a miracle whenever it DOES work. But that’s like once every 2+ months.

Things I've Already Tried :

1. Removing my accounts from my Xbox and putting it back in as a trouble shooting step.

2. Using a different Xbox ( A new Gen Xbox Series S ) to login.

3. Reset WiFi / Wired Connection

-------------------------------------------

Please reach out to me if you had this sort of problem or know how to fix it. Please and thank you.

:)

Victor3143, Nov 28, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired connection?

3. CarTzy Win User

Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired connection?

4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Victor,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connectivity issues with your Xbox account. Based on the information you provided, it seems like the issue might be related to your account settings or network configuration. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your account settings: Make sure that your account is not restricted or blocked by going to account.microsoft.com and signing in with your credentials. If there are any issues with your account, you should see a notification or error message.

2. Check your network configuration: Ensure that your Xbox is connected to the correct network and that the network settings are configured correctly. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Check for updates: Make sure that your Xbox console and games are up to date with the latest software updates. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

4. Contact Xbox support: If the issue persists, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional solutions.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

Got Xbox One for Christmas and it won't update. (Initial Setup Problems)

How are you connected to the internet ? Wired or wireless , modem and router (model #'s ) and isp ?
  6. Dc r0cks 0n 500 Win User

I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router

Same thing is happening to me my Xbox one s won't connect to my internet but will connect to a hotspot or being hard wired but still won't connect to the wireless after doing all the steps
Thema:

1. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired... - Similar Threads - Why specifically account

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  5. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  6. Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dose my screen go black specifically on hdmi2: So some times when I want to play a game and I switch to hdmi2 my screen will be black, I can here the xbox sounds but it's a black screen and it's not a flicker, the moment I switch to hdmi2 the...
  7. Why Is my xbox forcing me to pay a specific game by card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Is my xbox forcing me to pay a specific game by card?: Do basically, I'm trying to buy the new Call of duty: Modern warfare 3 and my xbox keeps asking me for a Mastercard approval yet I'm trying to buy it with Microsoft account money. I have enough...
  8. why can't I play call of duty cold war on this specific account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I play call of duty cold war on this specific account: cold war closes anytime I try entering the game on this account but another account works jus fine da158cff-840c-4f28-ae9d-75ee1c741121
  9. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...: Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired connection when other people in my household can use it? Very important topic because it probably might...
  10. Why can't I log in this specific account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I log in this specific account?: I can't log in the website xbox.com when trying to use my Microsoft account. I am logged in the Xbox app, but when I go to the website and click on sign in, sometimes it just refreshes without...