Why is it so hard to set Fortnite up on Xbox?

Discus and support Why is it so hard to set Fortnite up on Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having real issues getting Fortnite on Xbox series x. My son had Xbox for his recent 9th birthday. Epic games have been extremely helpful but they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mom1978_215, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Mom1978_215
    Mom1978_215 Guest

Having real issues getting Fortnite on Xbox series x. My son had Xbox for his recent 9th birthday. Epic games have been extremely helpful but they suggested contact yourselves. My son can’t speak via headset.

He plays on switch no problem.

With advice from Epic we’ve changed settings but still doesn’t work.

New Xbox and we’re not impressed, my son is saying he prefers his switch.

:)

Mom1978_215, Mar 29, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Mom1978_215! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

It's necessary to set some settings on the account privacy to access some online features, that can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings

If his account is set as a child account he will need to be added to a Microsoft family by an adult for safety reasons

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  3. Jenn AndAndrew Win User

Esp-Man-Archive fortnite error

Hi! Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately that info will not help me.. I have dived into the Epic Game acct issue and the epic acct that is associated with his xbox acct on fortnight has a different email under it and has some kind of mix up issue that is separate but also a problem.
    When he originally set up his fortnite acct he ran through all the of the epic game acct prompts so he never actually set up the epic game acct. I tried to go through Epic and fix it but my efforts weren't enough. So that's why we have this issue- the files
    didn't write correctly when he did the last fortnite update last week and now he can't play fortnite at all. So that's why I was trying to see if he could delete and reload his fortnite game without losing his progress but it's looking like that may be his
    only choice anyways if he wants to play fortnite again...

Help!
  4. WPAK Win User

Why is it so hard to set language / country / regional settings?

Hi there,

you can set the region to Nederland, but you will need to select the language Nederlands (Dutch) in order to do so.

Please vote for the highly requestion option to select region and language without them being dependant on each other here:

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6028840-don-t-region-lock-the-languages

A workaround could be that if your account is set to the Dutch region, you can purchase things via xbox.com or smartglass (when it's not connected to the console) via the Dutch region and have the console set to a English region and English language, the
    purchases should download to the console after purchase.
  5. SharonMcGinley Win User

Credit cards two countries

sorry just reread, ! older half sibling set up fornite in UK, as Fortnite is not in HK.Hence the original question

Why can they just set it up that you can buy from any country ! So there is no way to but until Fornite come to HK but then I expect we wont then be able to buy !Argh !!!!
  6. Mark Aggar Win User

Can't Access Netflix Without Entering Family Passcode Since New Update

Netflix needs to allow access to profiles set up as kids without requiring parental control password. Not sure why this is so hard to do.
Thema:

1. Why is it so hard to set Fortnite up on Xbox? - Similar Threads - Why hard set

2. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  3. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  4. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...
  5. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  6. Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my external hard drive for my Xbox disconnecting: Every time I download something it will disconnect then reconnect once the thing I download stop it’s download or it will randomly disconnect then reconnect while I’m mid game...
  7. Why do you guess make it so damn hard to find a headset for xbox. That is ****.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do you guess make it so damn hard to find a headset for xbox. That is ****.: I bought a headset that said specifically for Xbox and it still doesn't work. You guys need to figure that **** out. This is **** I can't afford a $200 set of headphones. So yall need to come out...
  8. Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?: Where do you find the Microsoft Joystick thingy that looks like a wii chuck controller? its amazing what MS have done with this accessibility controller and options but I can't easily find where...
  9. Why is it so hard to get help

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is it so hard to get help: I’ve bought a digital game on Xbox series X upon launching and trying to play the game it’s completely broken u cannot turn left you cannot climb u fall in air then float and have to close the...
  10. Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...: When I turn my Xbox on most times it just stays on the green loading screen for hours and when it does work it freezes within 10 minutes of just in the menu I can’t even play a single game for up...