Why is it now when I say "Xbox Turn Off" it doesn't.

Discus and support Why is it now when I say "Xbox Turn Off" it doesn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since I first brought the system and set it up I have configured the system to power off my TV, Fio's Cable Box and my Home Theatre, now all of a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Russ Penman, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Russ Penman
    Russ Penman Guest

Since I first brought the system and set it up I have configured the system to power off my TV, Fio's Cable Box and my Home Theatre, now all of a sudden, when I say Xbox Turn Off it goes to a confirmation screen and when I used to say YES it would power
    down and turn everything off. Now it only goes to the confirmation page and when I say YES it doesn't turn off! I also have NEVER been able to say Xbox Turn On or Xbox On!!

What's going on? Does anyone else have this problem? Can someone respond? Seems like every post I make no one has the decency to respond.

:)

Russ Penman, Feb 28, 2014
  2. SeNiLe911
    SeNiLe911 Guest
    "Xbox off" turns the Xbox off but not my TV and/or Receiver... Should it?

So if I say "Xbox on", everything turns on perfectly (Xbox, TV and receiver). When I say "Xbox off", only the Xbox turns off leaving the TV and receiver on. Should it turn everything off? It seems to me that is a no brainier. What's the point if not...

SeNiLe911, Feb 28, 2014
  3. Whetzel
    Whetzel Guest
    my two cents

[quote user="SatNiteEduardo"]

You can turn it off so it can never hear you including when you say xbox on. Get your facts right.

[/quote]

It can be "turned off" (so they say), but not unplugged. There, now the facts are right.

Whetzel, Feb 28, 2014
  4. Why is it now when I say "Xbox Turn Off" it doesn't.

There's a long thread on this issue elsewhere. Try rebooting the Xbox by holding the power button on the console until it shuts down, and then restart. This has helped the voice shutdown command for some, including me. The "Xbox On" command is still hit
    or miss for a lot of ppl.

Trial de Novo, Feb 28, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: