Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

Discus and support Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jayden J_520, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Jayden J_520
    Jayden J_520 Guest

I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an error and won’t start saying that the disc is needed or the account that bought it needs to be logged into, even though the account that bought it is the one logged in. How do I solve this issue?

:)

Jayden J_520, Jan 7, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Downloading it via gamepass doesn't mean you bought it

It just means you got it via gamepass

You wouldve had to paid the discounted price while it was on gamepass to own it
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The game left game pass January 5
  4. GrapeBus53 Win User

GTA V doesn't work!

hi.. couple of days ago installed 1st disc of gta v in my pen drive and played the game after that. i have finished 4 missions. but when i tried to play the game second time last night, it says that i need to insert disc 1 and install a game again? why is
    that happening?
  5. WattyNuela Win User

I got GTA 5 on Xbox 360 and they gave me 2 installing disc? Thoughts?

Hello there, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you received two installation disc for GTA V, unfortunately you need to have the "play" disc in order to open GTA V on your Xbox 360
  6. KevinSchneider3 Win User

Xbox 360 GTA 5

I don't have/play GTA V Online. I have GTA 5 as Disc (CD) — I currently have no Xbox live Gold membership / you don't need that to play GTA V — I already completed every mission. I just want to continue playing it as usual, but like I said I'm stuck in
    the Story-Mode loading screen.
Thema:

1. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play? - Similar Threads - Why GTA saying

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  4. Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't. I play GTA V series S/X on my xbox one: I used to play the game via game pass it was removed a few days ago since then I can't play I own the xbox series S/X Game and have a ultimate subscription so surely from what the message says I...
  5. Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?: After having to downgrade back to the original Xbox one, I was still able to play the X/S version of GTA Online through Cloud Gaming. I woke up today and got a message upon launching the game...
  6. Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why remove GTA 5 from games pass, its 11 years old and it contantly gets removed from games...: First of all, most of the games similar age to it remains 24/7 on the streaming service and let's not forget the time it was on cloud, GTA 5 was the Most popular game on cloud gaming, keeping the...
  7. Why won't my gta load?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my gta load?: Having an issue loading GTA 5 on game pass ultimate 7ecd47a5-55ac-4b8b-a7be-4a92754e4fe4
  8. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the...
  9. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  10. Why does GTA 5 keep saying installation has stopped on my Xbox one is it due to the size?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does GTA 5 keep saying installation has stopped on my Xbox one is it due to the size?: Why does my GTA disc say installation has stopped is due to the size 98490c8e-0899-427c-a8e4-ca0ac4f897d8